Craziest Bike or Bike Parts!!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Craziest Bike or Bike Parts!!
Posted: Jul 6, 2015 at 13:37 Quote
jonus216 wrote:
I'm diggin' the color coordination and the straight pipe exhaust. 6/10 using the stingey scale.
slacked the F out. 10/10 #wouldbang

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 16:50 Quote
Anyone else see the new lyrik announcement then wonder what the f*ck RS are doing? Releasing a 180mm fork that most likely will get bolted onto a DH/FR bike, but putting a 15mm axle on it? It's bullshit. I'm keen on sticking a 180mm single crown on my DH but no way in hell am I replacing my 20mm DH front wheel with a 15mm trail wheel.

Why they aren't offering it with the already compatible boxxer lowers is beyond me. Failing that I'd hope someone starts machining up 15mm ID 20mm OD shims to fit a 20mm hub onto this boost crap.

I'd bet boxxer lowers would fit 35mm pike uppers too, has anyone ever tried it?

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 21:49 Quote
I wonder who's going to be the first to stick some Boxxer lowers on it

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 22:38 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
Anyone else see the new lyrik announcement then wonder what the f*ck RS are doing? Releasing a 180mm fork that most likely will get bolted onto a DH/FR bike, but putting a 15mm axle on it? It's bullshit. I'm keen on sticking a 180mm single crown on my DH but no way in hell am I replacing my 20mm DH front wheel with a 15mm trail wheel.

Why they aren't offering it with the already compatible boxxer lowers is beyond me. Failing that I'd hope someone starts machining up 15mm ID 20mm OD shims to fit a 20mm hub onto this boost crap.

I'd bet boxxer lowers would fit 35mm pike uppers too, has anyone ever tried it?

20mm or bust...I'll never get into 15mm...Was hard enough finding my Revelation with a tapered steerer and 20mm lowers.

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 23:05 Quote
dragan-the-dragon wrote:

This is great by the way, although I didn't really understand it all properly.

I tried it with my bike last night, pushed it down a really big hill and my bike just kept rolling and rolling until eventually it ended up rolling into the sea and I lost my bike...Frown

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 0:34 Quote
iggzdaloc wrote:

Someone with too much bloody money!

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 7:59 Quote
Rockshox & Fox should take a page out of BOS' book. They have a 20mm setup on their new forks that comes with an axle for 15mm too. And because it's 20x110 it'll fit BOOST with a different axle, (not heard anything about BOS releasing a BOOST axle yet though).

Would become so much better for the consumer to have a fork they can run how they like. It wouldn't be difficult to do either.

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 8:10 Quote
spudlord wrote:
iggzdaloc wrote:

Someone with too much bloody money!

If the fitting is the same as on the Boxxer lowers.

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 10:39 Quote
photo

Something interesting on Brad Benedicts bike. (Sorry for image quality)

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 10:49 Quote
that would be an ohlins.

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 10:51 Quote
jumpman2334 wrote:
that would be an ohlins.

That would be fairly obvious, I guess it's some new prototype shock of some sort, maybe air?

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 11:19 Quote
Your skills of deduction are outstanding Watson...

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 11:51 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Your skills of deduction are outstanding Watson...

Actually is a internal coil shock like a fork...

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 12:56 Quote
It appears that I will come with the 2016 S-Works Enduro bike and frame: http://www.specialized.com/li/de/ddb/www/#products/B/mountain/enduro/sworks-enduro-29-frame

Copy this to your browser to see it better: http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/Specialized/146633?$Large$

Now the question is who it will compare in terms of performance to the Push 11-6 shock.

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 13:08 Quote
monty-dooley wrote:
jumpman2334 wrote:
that would be an ohlins.

That would be fairly obvious, I guess it's some new prototype shock of some sort, maybe air?
so, you see an unbranded air shock, say its obvious that its an ohlins, then you ask if its air?

not sure if srs.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020875
Mobile Version of Website