Some questions about Rant BMX brand.

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Some questions about Rant BMX brand.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 28, 2016 at 21:57 Quote
Hey guys.

Anyways so I was looking at my BMX bike (WTP Crysis 2013) and checking it out, and noticed that I had to change some parts. Specifically my rear wheel is pretty f'ed up. Took out the driver and shit just went everywhere (the metal ring that holds the pawls snapped (I guess even a DSG has its limits or maybe it was eventual that the part would break from improper bitch cranking)). and looking at my rear rim its pretty untrue especially with a snapped spoke, so my options here now (and current limited budget), I was thinking take apart the cassette wheel for my Capital (has a freecoaster on it currently) and buying a new rim and spokes and making a new BMX rear wheel. But by doing so would remove the possibility of having an availible cassette-wheel for the Cap.

Currently I have a borrowed rear wheel from a buddy who switched to freecoaster and hasnt put that wheel back on. At first he was gonna sell it to me, but he now declined since he wants to have it in case he goes and rides trails (fair enough). Also since its a LHD wheel, I had to flip my cranks around, so also looking to get LHD compatible cranks too.

ANYWAYS (sorry for the long ass back story)
I've been looking into Rant BMX parts. Read that they come on a lot of Subrosa completes, and are distributed by Sparkys. I've also been told that Bonedeth, Subrosa, and Shadow parts are made in the same factory. Seeing as to how Rant is used in Subrosa completes and is also distributed by Sparkys, Im kind of wondering how they are and how they will hold up..... Because the impression I'm getting is that its a cheaper version of Shadow products, just wondering if thats true or not.

Thinking of getting a set of cranks and rear wheel. Anyone ever used those parts before or know anybody who uses those parts from Rant?

Thanks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008355
Mobile Version of Website