Norco Range 2016 7.3C or Norco Range 2017 7.1A

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Norco Range 2016 7.3C or Norco Range 2017 7.1A
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 1, 2016 at 3:38 Quote
Im looking at purchising one of these two bikes as i can get them for a good deal
Im stuck between the two and was wondering what people would choose. The Aluminium Norco range has better forks, better brakes, and better dropper seat post compared to the Norco Range Carbon.
Would people choose better frame over better components and would I notice the difference between the forks (carbon Range has rockshox yari and aluminium range has rockshox lyric)
Im new to mountain biking so any help or advice is much appriciaited cheers

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 at 22:24 Quote
As a new rider I don't think you would really notice the difference between the two forks. I honestly don't believe you could tell the difference between a carbon frame and an aluminum frame just by riding them - don't let marketing make you believe one is better then the other

Brakes is something that are a personal preference. Likewise drivetrain.

Either way you are getting a pretty damn sweet rig

Posted: Oct 4, 2016 at 10:14 Quote
I'd go for the alloy framed model. Lyriks are beast. Alloy is beast. That's my tuppence.

Posted: Dec 25, 2016 at 12:13 Quote
More bang for your buck on the alloy. Take the small weight penalty and have a better spec list

O+
Posted: Dec 25, 2016 at 15:25 Quote
We have both in our house except the A7.1 is 2016. They ride fantastically. You are right that the A bikes have a better spec but you can never turn aluminium into carbon. All the other parts can be upgraded in time. Including adding the charger damper to your Yari and effectively getting a Lyrik. The carbon frame seems to be resisting scratches and paint chips a ton better. For me I wanted the Fox 36 that came on the 2016 A7.1 so the decision was easier. Good luck. Great bikes.

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 0:21 Quote
Since you are NEW to mountain biking. Invest in alloy. Carbon are for smooth riders.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009585
Mobile Version of Website