Help me with unwanted sounds

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Help me with unwanted sounds
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 10, 2016 at 16:12 Quote
I crashed my bike about a week ago and it's starting to make noises that i've never heard from a bike.
I have a 2009 Specialized p2, and the front wheel makes an extremely high pitched noise, almost like a doggy whistle, whenever it rotates,
whenever i pedal, my bottom bracket area keeps making a clicking noise.
the back end area of my bike makes a noise, like fast, repeated, little clicking noises.
any advice??

Posted: Oct 11, 2016 at 10:48 Quote
Genemac wrote:
I crashed my bike about a week ago and it's starting to make noises that i've never heard from a bike.
I have a 2009 Specialized p2, and the front wheel makes an extremely high pitched noise, almost like a doggy whistle, whenever it rotates,
the back end area of my bike makes a noise, like fast, repeated, little clicking noises.
any advice??

You probably have something rubbing the front disc brake rotor, making the high pitched noise. It could be a worn out brake pad. Or possibly the brake is not aligned well with the rotor.

Clicking noise.... in bottom bracket area while pedaling.... could be several things. Bearing failure in one of your pedals... bearing failure in the bottom bracket.... Does anything feel loose? Does your pedaling feel wonky at all? Like a bent spindle or bent pedal axle?

Fast repeated clicking in the back... Not sure. Maybe your rear cassette hub normally clicks? (Some hubs are louder than others).

example, 2009 Specialized P2:
photo

Posted: Oct 11, 2016 at 21:02 Quote
cmc4130 wrote:
Genemac wrote:
any advice??

You probably have something rubbing the front disc brake rotor, making the high pitched noise. It could be a worn out brake pad. Or possibly the brake is not aligned well with the rotor.

Clicking noise.... in bottom bracket area while pedaling.... could be several things. Bearing failure in one of your pedals... bearing failure in the bottom bracket.... Does anything feel loose? Does your pedaling feel wonky at all? Like a bent spindle or bent pedal axle?

Fast repeated clicking in the back... Not sure. Maybe your rear cassette hub normally clicks? (Some hubs are louder than others).

example, 2009 Specialized P2:
photo
the fast clicking noise is a little slower than a hub, maybe the derailleur or the chain?

Posted: Oct 11, 2016 at 21:03 Quote
http://yaplog.jp/cv/rinbyc/img/471/cimg0285_p.jpg
is what i have

Posted: Oct 12, 2016 at 3:50 Quote
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/creaks.html

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010149
Mobile Version of Website