Reverb stealth sagging

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Reverb stealth sagging
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 17, 2016 at 14:35 Quote
My reverb is sagging around 20mm. I know it needs sending back to SRAM but I haven't got my paperwork from buying the bike. Does anyone know if you need to provide proof of purchase or paperwork to send back to SRAM? It's on a YT Capra and it's only a year old. Any help appreciated cheers

Posted: Oct 18, 2016 at 0:26 Quote
If you bought it from YT, you have to deal with YT for the warranty. They will forward it to SRAM.

If you bought it 2nd hand and the person who bought it can't be bothered, well you could still try your local SRAM service center, but without an invoice you'll probable have to pay.

And last, you could service the internals of the reverb yourself. A bleed won't do, as some air got trapped on the wrong side of a seal inside the post. Plenty of videos on youtube (including a few from SRAM) on how to do it. A few tools are needed, but either you could DIY them, or you could buy them.

Posted: Nov 1, 2016 at 1:44 Quote
another option take it to a race or event where theres a sram tent doing repairs.
my mate took his reverb to the tent at the ard rock after it went cack in practice. no reciept or anything bike it was on was a few years old.
came back and they had fitted and given him a brand new reverb. they said they new it wasnt old becaues of here serial number so they new it was still in warranty. they even said it failed caused by some one doing a c#@p job during a service and fitting after market low quality poly bush "upgrade"

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008384
Mobile Version of Website