Old Heckler and old DH vs brand new Enduro?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Old Heckler and old DH vs brand new Enduro?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 0:55 Quote
Hello there,
I seen some discussion about enduro vs Dh for bike park and stuff like that but none seems to be in my case and really helped me.
I currently own a SC Heckler 2011 (with 160mm lyric), a good all rounder bike.
But I recently hit some bike park in the north of France and I had a lot of fun there but I feel my bike is not 100% made for it. Not specially the suspension (I have no complain about de single pivot) but more about the geometry(too much on the front, lack a bit of stability, I didn't feel 100% in security)

As we plan to go there more and more often I'm looking for a more adapted bike. As I have a limited budget, two solutions come to me.
The first one and the one is to sell the heckler and get a brand new enduro bike (like Capra al/meta v4/V4.2) that seems more capable in D- and still can fit my local trail in Belgium.
The seconds one is to keep it and get a second hand 26" DH bike (those dudes can be found cheap these days)

Maybe some of you have two bikes or only one enduro and can share they experience?
I also wonder if 2017 Enduro bike are not really close to 2012/13 DH bike in confort and capability?

I've no plan in racing Dh or having a bike that climb very well, only looking for confort and fun.

Thanks for your answer.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007270
Mobile Version of Website