Need a new bike

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Need a new bike
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 22, 2016 at 20:40 Quote
Hi, i'm 16 and just saved up about 1,000 dollars for a new bike, I plan on riding it to school, riding street, and dirt jumping. Should I get a full suspension or hardtail bike, and which one should I choose?

Posted: Oct 22, 2016 at 21:42 Quote
if you want to get a decent all mountain full suspention you could spend like 800 on craigslist. or you could get a dirt jumper new, they great for street but are a pain to ride to school, I have a haro steel reserve and i ride to school on it 5 miles to school and back, after a while its fine, but when you first start doing it it will be tiering, so i would just get a decent hardtail with good suspention

Posted: Oct 23, 2016 at 2:54 Quote
EDIT* Sorrryyyy, i should have read the rules.

Posted: Oct 23, 2016 at 6:14 Quote
Don't sell in the forums, please. You can PM he OP if you want and include a link to your ad, but you can't directly sell in a forum post.

This is getting annoying, as almost every day someone is using the forum as if it's the buy/sell.

Posted: Nov 28, 2016 at 18:36 Quote
if youre going to be dirtjumping and especially street you would probably want a hardtail dirtjumper, the ride to school might not be fun with a single speed but it shouldn't be to bad

Posted: Nov 28, 2016 at 22:07 Quote
All single speed is fun- school not excluded unless you're travelling like 25km!! Full suspension? You mean front and rear? New?? If so you won't get anything good new for 1000 bucks! You could get a half decent dirt jumper street/dirt for around that- hard tail though. Which is way more fun than full suspension anyways

Posted: Nov 28, 2016 at 22:10 Quote
But if you get a DJ get a steel frame- more forgiving

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 29, 2016 at 13:07 Quote
i was on an older p2 (i think 200Cool . It ran gears it partied on jumps i took it to big bike trails. i think everyone should spend time on a dirt jumper hard tail (also a full suspension is more likely to be stolen if you are commuting

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011234
Mobile Version of Website