How Strong Are Giant Bikes?

PB Forum :: Giant
How Strong Are Giant Bikes?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 3, 2016 at 10:02 Quote
Afternoon,

I've owned my little ripper for a few months now, It's been on numerous rides and excursions. I've even upgraded rims, tires, drivetrain and fork.

Yet I'm still extremely concerned about "what I can do with this." See I come from a hardtail origin, I got into this sport with a very old hard tail and got used to sticking within the limitations of that. Now that I've moved into the realm of full suspensions I'm having trouble "unleashing" myself. My main concern lies within damaging my investment, I'm always concerned about trying new things as I'm quite afraid of breaking my bike.. I'm a very scientific person so I'm always thinking of "what kind of impact can this take" or "can I REALLY jump off of this."

If anyone can explain this to me.. it would be appreciated.. how do you guys take on large drops and jumps without worry? I'd love to know.

Old picture of my bike. Before the aforementioned upgrades.

Giant Trance 3 2015
photo

Posted: Nov 21, 2016 at 8:22 Quote
There was a guy at a dh race with a 2015 trance, the course was very rocky with a 7-8 foot drop onto rocks, a proper dh track. He was faster than 3/4 of the riders on dh bikes so he was really pushing the bike hard, much harder than the intended use, so I'd say it's very strong and there's probably no need to worry about the frame especially if you have warranty. You will probably destroy other components first.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007653
Mobile Version of Website