Sunday Soundwave Special 2017

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Sunday Soundwave Special 2017
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 9, 2016 at 20:02 Quote
http://www.sundaybikes.com/bikes/2017-completes/special/2017-soundwave-special-gary-young/

I have been looking at this bike and was wondering what you guys thought about this bike. I came from a downhill background and was some what in between a intermediate and advanced rider. I am willing to spend just about anything. I recently moved to a city with no near DH trails so I want to get a BMX.

I am 5,11 and weigh 170

If you no of any other BMX that would fit pleas reply.

Posted: Nov 9, 2016 at 21:19 Quote
Dude if you're willing to spend anything you might as well build yourself a nice custom rather than spending money on a complete. Although mind you I got a boner looking at the specs of this bike beause you cant go wrong with Sunday and Odyssey.

But if you're willing to spend ANYTHING, I'll let you know what I would personally change on this bike.

FRAME: 21" Sunday Soundwave Aftermarket Frame, 41-Thermal, Wave Top Tube and Downtube
FORK: Sunday Octave 41-Thermal Aftermarket Fork w/ 32mm offset
HANDLEBAR: Sunday Aftermarket Solar Bar, 41-Thermal Life-Time Warranty I'd change this to a 9-inch 4 piece bar, most likely Odyssey 49
STEM: Sunday Freeze Top-Load Stem 52mm
HEADSET: FSA Sealed Integrated
HEADSET CAP: Sunday Octave Pre-Load Bolt
BRAKE: Odyssey Springfield
BRAKE CABLE: Odyssey Linear Quik Slic
BRAKE LEVER: Odyssey Monolever Medium
GRIPS: Odyssey Gary Young Signature
SEAT: Odyssey Monogram Tripod Change to Pivotal
SEAT POST: Odyssey Tripod Aftermarket
SEAT CLAMP: Sunday Aftermarket
SPROCKET: Sunday Sabertooth V2, 27T, 6061 CNC
CRANKS: 175mm, Odyssey Thunderbolt RHD
BB PARTS: 22mm Sealed Mid
PEDALS: Odyssey Twisted PC
RIMS: Odyssey Hazard Lite Rim, 36H Replace with Ribcabe
FRONT HUB: Odyssey Quartet, 3/8" Bolt, 36H
REAR HUB: Odyssey Clutch Freecoaster, 36H, 9T, RHD If you end up not liking the freecoaster and want to go back to cassette you should go with the GSport Ratchet or Odyssey Antigram
SPOKES: Steel Black
TIRES: Sunday Street Sweeper 20 x 2.4" (F & R)
CHAIN: KMC Z-510HX

Sunday/Odyssey/Gsport are a company thats very proud of their products and will put their money where their mouth is when it comes to warranty.

Or actually, you dont need to change anything at all since its full custom already. If you come from a DH MTB background a bigger BMX will suit you better. I was on MTBs a lot before I got my BMX, and I mainly ride my street MTB because I like how big it is. The only BMX bikes that I've been comfortable on (trying other peoples bikes at the skatepark) are ones that have a 21" top tube and 9" rise bars. I'm 5'9" tall and weigh around 144.

Posted: Nov 10, 2016 at 5:39 Quote
That bike is probably the best on the market as far as completes go if your a freecoast guy. The only thing about complete bikes is usually the top tubes sizes are meant for younger or shorter guys, but at 21 this would likely fit you well especially with the longer stay

The part swaps this dude is proposing would be completely redundant why would you make random switches that arent even upgrades? Theres not a whole lot of knowledge in the bmx department on this board. Replace parts as you wear them out.

Posted: Nov 10, 2016 at 8:58 Quote
human-after-all wrote:
That bike is probably the best on the market as far as completes go if your a freecoast guy. The only thing about complete bikes is usually the top tubes sizes are meant for younger or shorter guys, but at 21 this would likely fit you well especially with the longer stay

The part swaps this dude is proposing would be completely redundant why would you make random switches that arent even upgrades? Theres not a whole lot of knowledge in the bmx department on this board. Replace parts as you wear them out.

Thank you. I rode a friends freecoaster dirt jumper and it was the best.

Posted: Nov 10, 2016 at 19:05 Quote
human-after-all wrote:

Nah it wouldnt be redundant. Even you would agree that you cant go wrong with G-Sport Ribcages. And the Antigram is just a good replacement.

Posted: Nov 11, 2016 at 17:01 Quote
My G-Sports Birdcages are pretty amazing, and the antigram or Premium Stinger (what I chose personally) are great replacement hubs.

Having said that, I was replacing parts to save 900-1100 Grams.

Edit. My point was-. When I replaced parts on my WTP Crysis, it made sense as the stock parts were heavy/kinda cheap and generic. The stock parts on a Soundwave are dece, I wouldn't bother upgrading a Premium complete.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009675
Mobile Version of Website