Wire bead tubless?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Wire bead tubless?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 27, 2016 at 2:33 Quote
Hi!
I have a giant reign and P-AM2 wheels that have Hans Dampf setup tubeless. I rushed to buy tires on black friday and i realized that the new Hans Dampf i bought were actually clearance models and they have a wirebead and are non-tubless ready. can i setup my wheels tubeless still?
Thanks!

Posted: Dec 5, 2016 at 13:56 Quote
Google it, that question has been asked plenty of times on various forums.. It is possible but can be more difficult to seat.

Ironyyyy wrote:
Hi!
I have a giant reign and P-AM2 wheels that have Hans Dampf setup tubeless. I rushed to buy tires on black friday and i realized that the new Hans Dampf i bought were actually clearance models and they have a wirebead and are non-tubless ready. can i setup my wheels tubeless still?
Thanks!

Posted: Dec 5, 2016 at 14:59 Quote
shami wrote:
Google it, that question has been asked plenty of times on various forums.. It is possible but can be more difficult to seat.

Ironyyyy wrote:
Hi!
Thanks!

Thanks, it is just really confusing with the mix of standards.

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2016 at 22:22 Quote
Yeah, it can be done, but man if they aren't a pain in the a$$. I'd make sure that you're using an air compressor and that you crank the PSI up on that baby. It'll also go on easier if you're using a tape that lets the tire bead slide more easily than does Gorilla Tape (e.g. Stan's or similar), and if you use a copious amount of soapy water when you're prepping.

Good luck!

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 at 19:43 Quote
Ghetto tubeless is reletively easy to do reguardless of the rim or tire. There's a ton of videos on that

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.221405
Mobile Version of Website