Does Simtra still exist?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Does Simtra still exist?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 7, 2016 at 14:54 Quote
Hi all
I've recently acquired a Simtra Psycho DJ frame. It has these really weird dropouts. I know Simtra developed shims which turned the dropouts into normal horizontal dropouts, but I cannot find these anywhere. I've sent simtrabikes a private message, but they haven't commented since 2013. Their website no longer exists, but I did find a .blogspot website. It has an email and a phone number. The email no longer works, and the phone number rings, but no one ever picks up. Does anyone know if this company even exists? If I can't get the piece I need, is there any alternative?

photo

Posted: Dec 7, 2016 at 17:08 Quote
Take a close up pic of the dropouts and post it up on the track/fixed gear section. A lot of track frames use that same insert system. You may find a match from another frame.
Otherwise most any machine shop could knock up a few sets for you in no time.

Posted: Dec 7, 2016 at 19:26 Quote
Thanks bikebike. I'll be sure to do that. You're the best

Posted: Dec 8, 2016 at 7:03 Quote
Maybe it's best to sell the frame to someone you don't like and don't look back..

I mean besides the janky dropouts... removable v-brake mounts, a BB bash guard, pinched rear triangle tubes into the dropouts..

Put that one out to pasture

Posted: Dec 12, 2016 at 23:25 Quote
Those dropouts - and a few other features of that frame - look to be identical to an Azonic Steelhead frame circa 2004-ish. There's a tiny chance that Azonic has some of those dropout bits in stock. Contact them directly and see what they say.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009333
Mobile Version of Website