1st time to Whistler - Any local advice on where to stay?

PB Forum :: Canada - West
1st time to Whistler - Any local advice on where to stay?
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 16:51 Quote
That is pretty close. 5 minute ride along a nice trail beside the river. 15 minute walk. No big deal at all. Make sure you store your bikes inside for sure. Whistler is a bit of a hot spot for bike theft. So no leaving them outside the pub on the way home. At least that is my strategy.

Have fun.

Posted: Jan 22, 2017 at 2:39 Quote
JonRides wrote:
That is pretty close. 5 minute ride along a nice trail beside the river. 15 minute walk. No big deal at all. Make sure you store your bikes inside for sure. Whistler is a bit of a hot spot for bike theft. So no leaving them outside the pub on the way home. At least that is my strategy.

Have fun.

The owner of the property has warned us of the same thing. So we're in a 4 bed place but only using 3. 4th space is for bikes. Just got to bring enough towels to make sure we can stop the floor getting wet after washing them down!!

Sucks really, doesn't seem to be an issue in Morzine, you could leave them anywhere and nothing usually goes missing. Unusual for Europe!

Posted: Mar 3, 2017 at 4:54 Quote
alanz wrote:
Try to look at here https://swap-house.com/host/canada/. Last time I visited Canada I found free accommodation in the town near Toronto with its help. I quite often use hospitality services, I think it's a great way to save money and to find where to stay for free.

Managed to get sorted through airbnb in the end chap - was somewhere in the region of half the costs for 3 of us instead of using a hotel.

Can't wait, the hype is strong in this one.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013387
Mobile Version of Website