New wheelset for Dh/Enduro: Boost or no boost?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
New wheelset for Dh/Enduro: Boost or no boost?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 15, 2017 at 2:49 Quote
Hi, I want to buy a new fork and wheelset for my Dh bike. Fork will be a 36 Float. Now I´m not sure which hubs I should choose, so either a boost version or a non-boost version. I weight about 70 kg with gear. I ride with my bike (Alutech Sennes) Dh and a little bit Enduro. I´m not the fastest rider and not do huge jumps.
When I search for boost, I see more norlmal hubs without boost than boost-hubs and the same with forks. I think there are more non-boost forks than boost forks. Why? When I read on the manufacturers sites, they all say the boost hub has the edge over normal hubs, as they are stiffer. What do you think? Do they only want to sell their products or has the boost really benefits?

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 11:39 Quote
If I were in your case, I'd go boost. The market is pretty clearly headed that way, and the benefits can be noticeable to non-professionals. I would say the reason there seem to be more non-boost products available is because of how much longer they have been manufactured. I've ridden both non-boost and boost equipped bikes/forks and the difference is definitely noticeable. You also gain some tire clearance too!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007102
Mobile Version of Website