Overlaying Trailfork map to indicate closed area

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Overlaying Trailfork map to indicate closed area
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 15, 2017 at 3:45 Quote
Hi. Our landowner (Sappi) is currently busy with salvage and timber harvesting. We have several trails that run through the areas affected and can/have closed those individual trails accordingly.. but.. we were wondering if there is a way to show via an overlay that a whole area/section is closed? The reason is that there are other access roads that are not part of our trails that people are thinking are open and are transgressing into closed areas

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Feb 15, 2017 at 11:42 Quote
Yes there is! We have a polgon feature you can add to the map https://www.trailforks.com/polygons/all/

Here is a great example of a region that added a polygon to show a closed area.
https://www.trailforks.com/region/eskdale-mtb-park/

Posted: Feb 15, 2017 at 20:58 Quote
Thats exactly what we need.. thanks !

Just one thing.. how do I create the polygon ? I can get to the Add Pologon screen but thought there would be a manual draw option (similar to the edit trail option) where I could draw the outline of the area that is closed.

Do i use the Polygon WKT field ? If so .. how?

Posted: Feb 15, 2017 at 21:23 Quote
Ignore last post .. manage to figure it out ! Smile

Thanks again for the help

Posted: Feb 19, 2017 at 6:22 Quote
I have drawn a ploygon of the closed area and it looked great...it was submitted for approval and was approved.

However i cant see it on our area map ? I have turned on the polygon checkbox. I also dont see it listed anywhere ...

Posted: Feb 19, 2017 at 15:44 Quote
HowickMTB wrote:
I have drawn a ploygon of the closed area and it looked great...it was submitted for approval and was approved.

However i cant see it on our area map ? I have turned on the polygon checkbox. I also dont see it listed anywhere ...

Yeah this is weird I've seen this polygon pop up twice and then disappear again now. I assumed you'd deleted it.

Posted: Feb 19, 2017 at 22:24 Quote
Hey ralley

Nope.. I didnt delete it. I may have posted it twice through cause it didn't display initially and I created it again thinking that I had done something wrong

Should I do it again and re-submit for approval ?

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Feb 19, 2017 at 22:49 Quote
hmm for some reason your 2 polygons are NOT published. Fixed one, so it shows now, but not sure how they were marked unpublished.

I made a small change which might have fixed a bug related to this.

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 1:07 Quote
canadaka wrote:
hmm for some reason your 2 polygons are NOT published. Fixed one, so it shows now, but not sure how they were marked unpublished.

I made a small change which might have fixed a bug related to this.

Great stuff.. thanks canadaka!

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 9:27 Quote
Looks like it is still occurring, I just approved another polygon for Howick and now it seems to have been marked unpublished again.

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 10:27 Quote
ralley wrote:
Looks like it is still occurring, I just approved another polygon for Howick and now it seems to have been marked unpublished again.

Just approved an edit of this polygon and it's gone again, polygon 71. The email for the edit approval notification also had no hyperlink and the pending approval didn't show under "Region Admin" on the main page, had to go to the "South Africa" -> "Admin" page to see the pending edit approval.

Update: another edit approval came through, same behaviour as before. This time I noted that the edit approval page showed the polygon as unpublished so I manually set it to published. Looks good now.

Rob.

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 11:25 Quote
ralley wrote:
ralley wrote:

Just approved an edit of this polygon and it's gone again, polygon 71. The email for the edit approval notification also had no hyperlink and the pending approval didn't show under "Region Admin" on the main page, had to go to the "South Africa" -> "Admin" page to see the pending edit approval.

Update: another edit approval came through, same behaviour as before. This time I noted that the edit approval page showed the polygon as unpublished so I manually set it to published. Looks good now.

Rob.

Thanks for the help and effort Ralley

I initially got an email saying the new polygon was approved (with a link) but when clicking on the link it came up with the polygon and a message saying it was not published.

I then went to Add/Edit - Add polygon - edit and at the bottom of that screen ticked the Publish box and submit. It then went off for approval. About 20min later I got another email saying its been approved (that must have been you doing your magic tricks lol)

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 12:19 Quote
The code changes I made weren't pushed live. They are now, hopefully that fixes this issue.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019176
Mobile Version of Website