The Official P. Series Bike Thread

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
The Official P. Series Bike Thread
Posted: May 17, 2013 at 12:31 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Nothing is going to sound off, it's just going to be raked as f*ck and the geometry will make it ride sloppy. If that's what you dig, sure, but it seems more like one of those scenarios where someone has something, and decides it's the best for them, not because it's actually good, but it's because it's what they have, especially when you say you're coming off a 75mm pike, and don't know the lengths of any other forks you've ridden.

Try it lower. You'll very likely find it better. If not, suppose enjoy it anyway?

What I've had on it before were two Marz dj3s both at 100mm and both suffered pressure cracks, the pike was 74mm but internals completely died before it was even mine, the fox actually makes it easier to control since Ive switched over, I'm not sure if its just the weight or that its simply in better shape but even at 120mm it feels significantly better than what was previously on it, I'm not arguing your point of the fork affecting the geometry, that's pretty clear, but its not raked out to the point that I'm worried about it, Ive had it out on jumps several times since I got it and it doesn't ride that bad, maybe I will get it lowered to 100mm but I'm still experimenting with it as of now.

Posted: May 17, 2013 at 12:35 Quote
It's because it's something new, and it's neat.

When you put a longer fork on a bike, you raise up the head tube, bottom bracket, and make the head angle more slack. This will make the bike handle more sluggishly and be less agile. I own a 36 as well, and I can tell you, there's no need to have a ton of travel. The dampening is superb on it. I'm running 45mm and it's still hyper plush when I need it to be. 120mm is just ruining your bike. Trust someone who's been there many a times. In fact, when I had my STP, I was running my fork at around the same height as yours SPECIFICALLY so it would be good on the trail, not on the jumps. I'd switch over to a 110mm Rev (about 95mm 36) whenever I went jumping. Made the bike a thousand times better.

Take my advice or not. It will make your bike ride more nicely. If you'd like to continue having a mediocre bike, that's cool. I feel no need to give suggestions to someone who doesn't care about their ride, after all.

Posted: May 18, 2013 at 6:40 Quote
I have a p.3 2011, and my headset in upper side have little freeplay.
I want to replace the top cup on headset. What you can advise?

Posted: Jun 22, 2013 at 5:32 Quote
a bit handmading for youSmile Pimp
specialized p3 2009

Posted: Aug 9, 2013 at 10:28 Quote
yoo

here is my edit with my p3 2'13 !

hope you will enjoy the edit Smile

Views: 1,667    Faves: 11    Comments: 1

Posted: Aug 9, 2013 at 13:28 Quote
Just picked up my new P.2!
My new Specialized P.2
  My new Specialized P.2

Posted: Aug 11, 2013 at 9:48 Quote
My P1 has got some new parts on it now. Onza Mongo 3 headset, Hope Tech M4 Evo and a pair of Fox Vanilla 130 RL forks

Derpy with new forks and headset. Lookin MUCH better than with the Manitou forks I had before

Posted: Aug 12, 2013 at 22:07 Quote
cray

custom painted metallic blue on my spare parts bike

Posted: Aug 24, 2013 at 23:40 Quote
Hey i have a brand new PSlope and i am having problems making a crank stop for it. I have the stock cranks. Any suggestions!?

Posted: Aug 24, 2013 at 23:45 Quote
Let's be honest, crank stops are useless unless you do foot tricks on the daily and never have to bike to any spot ever. Simply running your chain a tad tighter than you're supposed to works perfectly fine.

Posted: Aug 24, 2013 at 23:52 Quote
adamlaycock wrote:
Let's be honest, crank stops are useless unless you do foot tricks on the daily and never have to bike to any spot ever. Simply running your chain a tad tighter than you're supposed to works perfectly fine.
Ok thanks man. I have just recently been trying no foot tricks alot and i always have a problem with them spinning. Ill give tightening my chain a try!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.026268
Mobile Version of Website