What helmets & goggles do you use?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What helmets & goggles do you use?
Posted: Sep 1, 2014 at 14:29 Quote
TNFking wrote:
hetfield1 wrote:
Anyone know a good source on mirrored lenses for Smith Fuel goggles?
I'd say from Smith themselves. That's where i got mine for cheap.

Are they blue or gold?

Posted: Sep 1, 2014 at 15:57 Quote
drakche wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/109/photos/81349/s1600_Airoh_helmets.jpg?1409497464
The new Airoh helmet (left) looks quite nice and breathable.

RIP chin...

Posted: Sep 1, 2014 at 16:06 Quote
You kiddin'? That's one of the very few that looks like it actually has chin protection rather than some plastic strap on shit.

Posted: Sep 2, 2014 at 6:24 Quote
sherbet wrote:
You kiddin'? That's one of the very few that looks like it actually has chin protection rather than some plastic strap on shit.
Wait seriously. The chin protection on the rampage pro or even the d3 is MUCH better than that enduro shit

Posted: Sep 2, 2014 at 6:34 Quote
joshostrand wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Wait seriously. The chin protection on the rampage pro or even the d3 is MUCH better than that enduro shit

yeah that one on the left is looking a bit thin.

Posted: Sep 2, 2014 at 6:36 Quote
Actually I'm willing to bet that the one on the left is much thicker and just the same sturdy as the one on the right.

Posted: Sep 2, 2014 at 8:30 Quote
c4mtb wrote:
joshostrand wrote:
sherbet wrote:

yeah that one on the left is looking a bit thin.

Sometimes I really question pinkbikers intelligence. He's talking about "Enduro" Fullface helmets, like the Urge one with that pathetic chinguard.
photo

This thing.

Obviously a D3 or a Rampage pro will have a burlier chinguard.

Think, then comment.

Posted: Sep 2, 2014 at 13:14 Quote
Thanks Water. This thread in particular seems to attract the highest levels of intelligentsia.

Edit; and not talking the Urge. That one isn't too bad. The Bell one, for example, is literally a plastic clip on chin guard. Most of these enduro helmets are just half lids with plastic shit, the Urge and the Airoh have a molded chin. Way safer. Waaaaay safer.

Posted: Sep 2, 2014 at 14:24 Quote
No biggie doughnut deer.

The urge chinguard just looks so skimpy, with that little rubber band/arch on top Confused But yup still better than the Bell, and definitely better than the MET Parachute. But in all honesty, if you need a fullface, just get a "real" one.

Posted: Sep 2, 2014 at 17:36 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Thanks Water. This thread in particular seems to attract the highest levels of intelligentsia.

Edit; and not talking the Urge. That one isn't too bad. The Bell one, for example, is literally a plastic clip on chin guard. Most of these enduro helmets are just half lids with plastic shit, the Urge and the Airoh have a molded chin. Way safer. Waaaaay safer.

I know what you're saying and everything but just looks small from what I'm used to, then again that old Giro whateverthef*ckitwascalled was just a thin piece of plastic with a clip on chin bar... Ick.

I just see my face popping out of something like that tbh lol happened to one of the Staats factory team riders out here not long ago with a POC. Poor kid.

Posted: Sep 3, 2014 at 5:51 Quote
Yeah, think I'm into real full faces, and swapping to a half lid when need be, but it's definitely a step in the right direction.

I mean, wasn't long ago that this came out;

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/bikes-and-gear/protection/helmet-standard/WMB70.gt_helm.f_metpara_prev-399-75.jpg

Posted: Sep 3, 2014 at 5:54 Quote
Yeah, the parachute is just a health hazard. I'd rather wrap a wet newspaper around my head...

Full face and half lid combo is the best.

Posted: Sep 3, 2014 at 10:08 Quote
ONE Gamma paired up with 100% goggles.

Looking to pick up a TLD D2 soon !

Posted: Sep 3, 2014 at 10:47 Quote
WaterWaterWaterWater wrote:
Yeah, the parachute is just a health hazard. I'd rather wrap a wet newspaper around my head...

Full face and half lid combo is the best.
Need to gets me an open face. Full face is no good for XC, but I'd rather have a helmet than not!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014114
Mobile Version of Website