What helmets & goggles do you use?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What helmets & goggles do you use?
O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 5:45 Quote
Roguee wrote:
Is the bell sanction a safe helmet? looking to replace mine and bought it because of the weight but now that I have an open face too weight is not as much as an issue anymore. Should I get another sanction or go for something like Fly Default?
I would also suggest looking at the Bell Transfer 9. Its an unbeleavable price for the quality and feel of the helmet.

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 7:45 Quote
Anyone interested in 2015 D3s they are due out Feb 16th. Straight from TLD!

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 8:11 Quote
Tombola27 wrote:

post some pics

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 9:22 Quote
c4mtb wrote:
Tombola27 wrote:

post some pics
Interbike 2014
Found these on pinkinbike in a inter bike 2014 gallery.

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 16:58 Quote
Those half shells look cheaper than a walmart helmet.

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 17:02 Quote
Bronco82 wrote:
Those half shells look cheaper than a walmart helmet.

yeah matt finish looks terrible

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 17:05 Quote
Saw today a met parachute it looks solid.

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 17:06 Quote
its-chris wrote:
Saw today a met parachute it looks solid.

i have been interested in them, a lot of hate from people who have never actually put one on.

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 17:10 Quote
And some pretty horrific injuries from people who have put them on.

You essentially just devalued people who don't stick their hand in a fire for saying fire is hot.

I just don't get it. One moment you're raving about "my head's worth so much I only run the best stuff!" and in the next you're talking shit on people who're making reasonable complaints about a product. It's not an overly safe helmet, if the evidence is correct.

If you have the money for this sport, you have the money for a half lid and a real full face. Get a proper helmet bag, ride up with the lid, descend with the full face.

Have seen the Met. Not overly impressed. Had a very cheap and plasticy feel. My head is definitely worth more to me than that.

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 17:38 Quote
Actually is true, it feels not as solid as a full face. But it looks way worse online. Honestly as sherb said I would preffer two lids, and as many have said it is not for full DH.
Worse about it is the price tag at $260 it looks cheap for it. rounding It at $300 could get a super and another full face.

It looked solid at first hand and seriously was impressed.
The fit is good (for me, not any fox helmet fit my head), chin guard looked solid but is too plastic. The certification just means it got the minimum, and one with no certification is worse.
Would I buy it no.

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 18:12 Quote
sherbet wrote:
And some pretty horrific injuries from people who have put them on.

You essentially just devalued people who don't stick their hand in a fire for saying fire is hot.

I just don't get it. One moment you're raving about "my head's worth so much I only run the best stuff!" and in the next you're talking shit on people who're making reasonable complaints about a product. It's not an overly safe helmet, if the evidence is correct.

If you have the money for this sport, you have the money for a half lid and a real full face. Get a proper helmet bag, ride up with the lid, descend with the full face.

Have seen the Met. Not overly impressed. Had a very cheap and plasticy feel. My head is definitely worth more to me than that.

ahah i never said i would buy it, but people tend to spout crap about things they have never tried. instead of making assumptions do some research and find some actual facts on it.

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 18:18 Quote
No, you implied that anyone who hasn't ridden with one cannot have an opinion on it. That's bullshit and we both know it.

Who's making assumptions? There are helmets that pass higher levels of certification. That means they are more safe. You're the poster boy for "GET A D3 YOUR HEAD IS WORTH THE MONEY" but you shit on people who note that there's safer alternatives to the Parachute?

Also, are you saying that you'd suggest a helmet that you wouldn't possibly buy? Well. That's pretty f*ckin' shady.

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 18:48 Quote
sherbet wrote:
No, you implied that anyone who hasn't ridden with one cannot have an opinion on it. That's bullshit and we both know it.

Who's making assumptions? There are helmets that pass higher levels of certification. That means they are more safe. You're the poster boy for "GET A D3 YOUR HEAD IS WORTH THE MONEY" but you shit on people who note that there's safer alternatives to the Parachute?

Also, are you saying that you'd suggest a helmet that you wouldn't possibly buy? Well. That's pretty f*ckin' shady.

no fox rampage pro would do the trick Wink but i do like my d3

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 18:53 Quote
In reference to the METZ, I was not a fan of the previous iteration. It looked like an old road helmet with a light chin bar bolted on, BUT the new model is in fact pretty sweet. Unlike the Bell Super 2R, it passes the ASTM DH Chin bar standard, although I wonder how much more breathable it is then a normal Full Face.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115314&stc=1&d=1292459337
Old kinda sketchy version

photo

New Enduro bro version

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 18:57 Quote
I Felt it was pretty open and with the smaller pads it come with should be almost as good as a half lid.
(Coming from a guy who has never worn a full face, other than ridding quads.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014746
Mobile Version of Website