What helmets & goggles do you use?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What helmets & goggles do you use?
Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 14:47 Quote

Looks really nice. Which bell is that? The full 9?

Is it just me or do bell helmets look really low profile.

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 15:16 Quote
pm148 wrote:

Looks really nice. Which bell is that? The full 9?

Is it just me or do bell helmets look really low profile.
ya its a bell full 9. really wanted one because of the low profile but went with a tld d3 because of a better deal.

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 15:23 Quote
Just personal opinion, but I think Airbrakes are amongst the ugliest goggles made for MTB or MX. That nose arch looks so gross...

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 15:57 Quote
tf02 wrote:
That nose arch looks so gross...

It's designed so there are no pressure points on the nose area

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 16:23 Quote
mr-man-guy wrote:
Here's my helmet/goggle combo. It isn't as expensive and colourful as half of the ones on here but hell, it works for me Smile
Finally put some cash into a new full face and some goggles

Whick Kali model is that? I've been looking into Kali for a new lid. Are they really insanely light like people say? How is the comfort?

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 16:27 Quote
dusse123 wrote:
mixmastamikal wrote:
Here is my new setup and I am really loving it. The Airbrakes fit very well with the Cipher Helmet and the clarity/field of view is unreal.

photo

Sexy combo

How is the weight and comfort of the cipher?

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 16:52 Quote
Ciphers are really comfy (at least for my head). If I had worn one before I ordered my POC instead of after, I would have had a tough time deciding between the two.

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 18:07 Quote
The-dirt-farmer wrote:
Ciphers are really comfy (at least for my head). If I had worn one before I ordered my POC instead of after, I would have had a tough time deciding between the two.
I had a cipher the medium was too big and the small was too small. wish it would have fit. the peripheral vision on that thing was just insane!

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 18:23 Quote
I also liked how the Cipher felt more compact than other fullfaces. The back of the helmet has a more square profile than my Cortex, and the chin bar is shorter.

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 18:59 Quote
It's hard to say because everyone's head is shaped different but the cipher fits me very well and it is definitely not heavy. As for the air brakes I think it's funny you think they are ugly because to me they are probably the best looking goggles I have ever seen and the kicker is they fit and feel even better. Best mx goggles made and it's not even close. Watch all manufacturers rush to copy them over the next few years.

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 19:27 Quote
riggadon wrote:
mr-man-guy wrote:
Here's my helmet/goggle combo. It isn't as expensive and colourful as half of the ones on here but hell, it works for me Smile
Finally put some cash into a new full face and some goggles

Whick Kali model is that? I've been looking into Kali for a new lid. Are they really insanely light like people say? How is the comfort?

That's their entry level model. It's technically an open mold that is utilized by a half dozen different manufacturers, but Kali is the only one who produces it in fiberglass. Most manufacturers use ABS at this price point, which creates a significantly (almost dangerously so) more flexible chinbar.

If you're interested in the manufacturer, their Avatar is one of the lightest ASTM DH certified helmets on the market, although the MET parachute has it beat by a few grams.

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 0:32 Quote
fantaman wrote:
tf02 wrote:

I've been riding MX for the last 20 years and never encountered a set of goggles that put a pressure point on my nose.

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 1:07 Quote
tf02 wrote:
fantaman wrote:
tf02 wrote:

I've been riding MX for the last 20 years and never encountered a set of goggles that put a pressure point on my nose.
lucky you, a lot of people will agree with that but many won't.

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 15:49 Quote
a-d-e wrote:
tf02 wrote:
fantaman wrote:

lucky you, a lot of people will agree with that but many won't.

I have unique nose, and for off road motorcycle, Progrips are the best I've found. They never fog either, even with a single lens. They are the only goggles I'll ever wear.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://b-rod.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Winter-2015/i-v9DnZMm/0/L/IMG_3389-L.jpg

Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 23:09 Quote
I use a spider man helmet and happy birthday glasses

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.043821
Mobile Version of Website