What helmets & goggles do you use?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What helmets & goggles do you use?
Posted: May 19, 2016 at 13:56 Quote
Nobble wrote:
I got a new Kali Shiva this week. Pretty stoked, it's stupid light.

the raw one!?

pics or it did not happend! Big Grin

Posted: May 19, 2016 at 23:30 Quote
Mountain-Dalek wrote:
Nobble wrote:

the raw one!?

pics or it did not happend! Big Grin
yep, the raw one.

Pics tomorrow.

O+
Posted: May 20, 2016 at 10:17 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
BombShellBike wrote:
Troy Lee D3 Carbon (midnight black)
oakley mx airbrake (skull pipe)

pics or it didn't happen Smile

I'll try to snap a pic tonight

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 11:37 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Damn, it looks so awesome, But so expensive. Let me know what you think

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 14:08 Quote
Cable74 wrote:
Nobble wrote:
Damn, it looks so awesome, But so expensive. Let me know what you think
Initial impressions are good. It's crazy light. like claimed 950g+-50g for my medium. Almost 200g lighter than my rampage pro (claimed 1145g) and it's DOT approved.

photo

photo

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 18:57 Quote
so awesome but g'damn that visor is huge!!!!

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 17:11 Quote
New Fox Rampage Pro Carbon (smashed my last one), and same Oakley Airbrake goggles

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 19:49 Quote
that fox is badass

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 23:17 Quote
Anyone saw the shred optic full face? Looks pretty sick

Posted: May 23, 2016 at 12:20 Quote
no1000 wrote:
that fox is badass

I had the red one from last year, and it was great. Fits snug without being uncomfortable. I know there are other options that are considerably lighter, but honestly, I don't notice the weight at all. I'm sure if I had to wear it for an extended period of time, I might notice it, but I'll have it on for a few runs then off it comes to hang out.

The fact that I had a substantial crash with a head first impact, and zero injuries to show for it, I figured I'd stick the same helmet.

Posted: May 23, 2016 at 15:33 Quote
What's everyone's experience with Smith Intakes?

Posted: May 23, 2016 at 16:28 Quote
New helmet is on the way i went for the dissident comp again but i went for the MX Orange/Neon Blue Tracer model,to top things off a matching Melon Parker MX goggle with a Silver Chrome lens which is going to be shipped soon.

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 14:41 Quote
Just saw the news, Mirra had CTE. Explains so much, but it's still heartbreaking. RIP.

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 15:45 Quote
Although I knew that would be the case, it still hits me hard. I just want to do something to prevent this from happening ever again and to spread the awareness of minding your head. When I had my first concussion my parents wouldn't bring me to a doctor because their thinking was "what can a doctor do?". Which is a good point. You can't physically mend a brain back together like you can with bones or skin, but just the same you can't physically see it damaged. The article written on Pinkbike a while ago on brain injuries was fantastic, if only it was preached more.

Sorry for the rant, but I think it's sickening where a rider is hailed a hero after carrying on with his/her run after hitting their head, and in reality it could have been one hit too many and they could have suicidal/murderous intentions the next morning.

Again I'm sorry for the rant but it just annoys me how tough everyone has to act when it comes to serious sh*t like this.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018618
Mobile Version of Website