What helmets & goggles do you use?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What helmets & goggles do you use?
Posted: Sep 6, 2016 at 18:05 Quote
Crash report :

100% Aircraft: crashed/bounced head first into a tree @ ~22-24 mph and then went headplant onto a rock.

photo

photo

photo
Smashed my full face helmet while wearing it

I'm not saying it was fun to crash, but it almost felt comfortable...

I know there's a lot of B.Ing and Ph.Ds here and I've read things about the Aircraft helmet... that wibbly-wobbly-crapy-bling-cheap-terrible helmet that's not even DOT.

The Aircraft did the job it was meant to... for ~$50 less than a TLDd3 and 100's of gr less than any MX helmet. And the cheap lid is still "intact".

Ordered a second one this morning. No regrets.

Ride safe folks!

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2016 at 18:10 Quote
Wow. Glad you are ok.

Posted: Sep 6, 2016 at 19:17 Quote
Awesome man. Not awesome on the crash, but awesome to see you wearing the right gear at the right time, and have that gear perform exactly the way you wanted it to. Well done.

Posted: Sep 6, 2016 at 23:38 Quote
i have also had quite a few crashes. None like that, i did actually hit a tree head on but it was wrapped in foam. most recent one was a faceplant in morzine which messed up my thumb and the visor snapped clean off but you can actually use it again if you tighten at the sides, and it's fine. quite a few marks on visor and a few deep gashes on the helmet but im confident i can use it again because it still has structural rigidity. I have had quite a few more head hitting crashes and i definitely feel like the helmet can take some proper hits

Posted: Sep 7, 2016 at 0:55 Quote
Mountain-Dalek wrote:
Crash report :

100% Aircraft: crashed/bounced head first into a tree @ ~22-24 mph and then went headplant onto a rock.

photo

photo

photo
Smashed my full face helmet while wearing it

I'm not saying it was fun to crash, but it almost felt comfortable...

I know there's a lot of B.Ing and Ph.Ds here and I've read things about the Aircraft helmet... that wibbly-wobbly-crapy-bling-cheap-terrible helmet that's not even DOT.

The Aircraft did the job it was meant to... for ~$50 less than a TLDd3 and 100's of gr less than any MX helmet. And the cheap lid is still "intact".

Ordered a second one this morning. No regrets.

Ride safe folks!
$50 less than a D3, but how much more than a cipher, rampage comp, etc?

There's no special tech in an aircraft. It meets ASTM DH certification, like lots of cheaper (and lots of more expensive) helmets.

Posted: Sep 7, 2016 at 5:16 Quote
Nobble wrote:
$50 less than a D3, but how much more than a cipher, rampage comp, etc?

There's no special tech in an aircraft. It meets ASTM DH certification, like lots of cheaper (and lots of more expensive) helmets.

I'm not saying the Aircraft is not overpriced... it certainly is...

My point was : it's not a cheap toy.

Posted: Sep 7, 2016 at 10:57 Quote
This helmet is sexxx, I love the black with the wine color, Uncle Sam I could do without Razz

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/captions/2925/fuller_DSC_4207.jpg?1473188395/Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/2/photos/109632/s1200_DSC_4211_copy.jpg?1473188131

Posted: Sep 7, 2016 at 11:03 Quote
OMG, it's Uncle Sram!

Posted: Sep 7, 2016 at 11:59 Quote
Dissapointed no Trump on the lid (JK)

Posted: Sep 7, 2016 at 12:28 Quote
fantaman wrote:
Dissapointed no Trump on the lid (JK)

They missed a huge opportunity honestly

Posted: Sep 7, 2016 at 16:13 Quote
I use a Fox Rampage Pro Carbon helmet for DH paired with Smith Squad goggles.

Posted: Sep 7, 2016 at 16:13 Quote
Bjorn240 wrote:
OMG, it's Uncle Sram!
YES

Posted: Sep 14, 2016 at 11:50 Quote
what is the best ventelated googles?
i sweat a lot on summer
need something realy good ventilated
also looking for fullface)
any sugestions

Posted: Sep 14, 2016 at 11:51 Quote
cka3o4nuk wrote:
what is the best ventelated googles?
i sweat a lot on summer
need something realy good ventilated
also looking for fullface)
any sugestions

airbrake, with a troy lee designs d3 or 100% aircraft! only because thats what im running and cant fault them both.

Posted: Sep 14, 2016 at 12:14 Quote
I use 100% racecraft not had any problems took the foam out for morzine and didn't sweat one bit, mind you running aircraft kept my head cool as well. Solid goggles deserve a look though

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.026459
Mobile Version of Website