Riding in Newfoundland

PB Forum :: Canada - Atlantic
Riding in Newfoundland
Author Message
Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 17:19 Quote
rick101 wrote:
well guys, i got a decent camera, so if anyone wants me to take pics of them riding, msg me. I will be doing some volunteer work first (40 or more hours) then we will see what happens after that.
What kind of camera?

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 19:42 Quote
nomix wrote:
rick101 wrote:
well guys, i got a decent camera, so if anyone wants me to take pics of them riding, msg me. I will be doing some volunteer work first (40 or more hours) then we will see what happens after that.
What kind of camera?
i was going to get a Nikon p90, but i ended up throwing in the extra bucks and getting a canon EOS Rebel XS with EF S 18-55mm lens

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 18:20 Quote
im going out this summer@!
cant wait

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 18:34 Quote
does anyone know if any of white hills is cleared off yet?

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 15:06 Quote
nicholas888 wrote:
does anyone know if any of white hills is cleared off yet?
Apparently the Gut is good but i dont know about the rest and we are supposed to get snow tomorrow.

Posted: Jun 14, 2009 at 16:31 Quote
well im in labrador but im gonna be in st johns in august so where is white hills exactly

Posted: Jun 14, 2009 at 17:34 Quote
gregdawe93 wrote:
well im in labrador but im gonna be in st johns in august so where is white hills exactly

Ta Da! Page one.

MKR1 wrote:
White Hills is in the far east end, down where Quidi Vidi Lake empties into the ocean. If you're coming in from out of town, basically take the outer ring highway until it ends... It's a smallish hill but there are lots of trails plus a few big hits and dirt jumps. Chris and the boys from Freeride have done an awesome job developing the area. The best description of the DH trails is steep and twisty with lots of roots and pointy rocks. Easily as challenging as any trails that I've seen anywhere else including BC and Quebec.

If you're looking for DJs, there are some around. I'm not familiar because I don't ride them.

There are also more all-mountain type trails around Kilbride in the Southside Hills and in the Shea Heights area.

Your best bet if you're coming in to town to ride is to check out the Freeride forums at www.freeridems.com . You should be able to connect with a few locals who'd be happy to show you the trails.

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 7:36 Quote
gregdawe93 wrote:
well im in labrador but im gonna be in st johns in august so where is white hills exactly

where are yuh from in labrador ?

Posted: Jun 20, 2009 at 7:33 Quote
apple-tree wrote:
gregdawe93 wrote:
well im in labrador but im gonna be in st johns in august so where is white hills exactly

where are yuh from in labrador ?

Churchill,says so in his profile by

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 14:44 Quote
guys anybody know about the cychotic bike comp this year or is there gonna be one at all?

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 16:05 Quote
Hey guys, Do any of you know the trails on blackmarsh road, MT pearl? If so, were having a race there, weather permitting. Contact bikerdhill for more info.

bikerdhill
: http://bikerdhill.pinkbike.com/

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 13:12 Quote
race will be on saturday sept. 19th at 2:00pm weather permitting of course

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 8:07 Quote
rick101 wrote:
Hey guys, Do any of you know the trails on blackmarsh road, MT pearl? If so, were having a race there, weather permitting. Contact bikerdhill for more info.

bikerdhill
: http://bikerdhill.pinkbike.com/

Are you talking about Kenmount Hill? Is there anything worth riding up there these days? I know the XC trails are in pretty bad shape but I haven't been to the Blackmarsh Rd. side of the hill in a while.

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 8:22 Quote
MKR1 wrote:
rick101 wrote:
Hey guys, Do any of you know the trails on blackmarsh road, MT pearl? If so, were having a race there, weather permitting. Contact bikerdhill for more info.

bikerdhill
: http://bikerdhill.pinkbike.com/

Are you talking about Kenmount Hill? Is there anything worth riding up there these days? I know the XC trails are in pretty bad shape but I haven't been to the Blackmarsh Rd. side of the hill in a while.
take a look at my pics, and yes kenmount hill, blackmasrsh rd. side is deadly, and worth the visit. the bys have been working on it all spring and summer. Take a look at my albums - out on the hill, Its cirtianly worth it.

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 8:24 Quote
rick101 wrote:
MKR1 wrote:
rick101 wrote:
Hey guys, Do any of you know the trails on blackmarsh road, MT pearl? If so, were having a race there, weather permitting. Contact bikerdhill for more info.

bikerdhill
: http://bikerdhill.pinkbike.com/

Are you talking about Kenmount Hill? Is there anything worth riding up there these days? I know the XC trails are in pretty bad shape but I haven't been to the Blackmarsh Rd. side of the hill in a while.
take a look at my pics, and yes kenmount hill, blackmasrsh rd. side is deadly, and worth the visit. the bys have been working on it all spring and summer. Take a look at my albums - out on the hill, Its cirtianly worth it.
http://rick101.pinkbike.com/album/Out-On-The-Hill/


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv16 0.016577
Mobile Version of Website