Riding in Newfoundland

PB Forum :: Canada - Atlantic
Riding in Newfoundland
Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 17:29 Quote
Where's the trailhead from the big fenced microwave tower? Do you head down the XC trail past the old truck and go left down the old DH trail towards Blackmarsh or is it somewhere different?

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 19:43 Quote
MKR1 wrote:
Where's the trailhead from the big fenced microwave tower? Do you head down the XC trail past the old truck and go left down the old DH trail towards Blackmarsh or is it somewhere different?
You would take a left on to the DH trail. But sorry to say but the race is canceled due to poor weather conditions. Well from what mike said anyways. If we do get this rain, a lot of the stuff on the trail will not be safe to ride. For example wooden berms.

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 at 16:15 Quote
where are some good jumps in corner brook?

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 16:51 Quote
is there any skateparks dirt jumps and downhill spots in gander

Posted: Jul 3, 2010 at 11:13 Quote
Corner Brook has a skatepark it aint the best but atleast its something

Posted: Jul 4, 2010 at 10:27 Quote
yea i was here yesterday. its no good for bike

Posted: Jul 9, 2010 at 6:42 Quote
Ya its only tiny if you ask some of the locals riding around you should be able to find some good sports to ride

Posted: Aug 1, 2010 at 19:21 Quote
Are there any spots to ride along the west coast of newfoundland?

Posted: Aug 4, 2010 at 18:47 Quote
coaster156 wrote:
Anybody?

Posted: Aug 5, 2010 at 14:13 Quote
coaster156 wrote:
coaster156 wrote:
Anybody?

there isnt very many spots

Posted: Aug 16, 2010 at 20:21 Quote
im in torbay for the rest of the summer , looking for someone to ride with or a few spots to ride , if you see someone on a yellow sunday funday with a red stolen stem dont be afraid to say hey

O+
Posted: Dec 24, 2010 at 19:20 Quote
I'm going to be heading home this summer and I'm taking the ferry over from Port-Aux-Basques so I can visit family all across the island. So basically my route will be, Port-Aux-Basques, Daniels Harbour (by Rocky Harbour, Cows Head), Indian Bay (near Gambo), then St. John's.

I'll pretty much be riding anything I can along the way, but I was wondering if there is anyone that might be able to map all of the DH I can do along the way.

Posted: Dec 25, 2010 at 9:20 Quote
White Hills in St. John's is a pretty good spot, and I'm pretty sure Marble Mountain would have a few trails too. Other than that, I can't really name anything. Sorry bro.

O+
Posted: Dec 25, 2010 at 12:31 Quote
Cool, I haven't heard of anything official happening with Marble though. Anyone know if there are any ride days set up or maybe a curator I would need to talk to to ride it?

Posted: Dec 26, 2010 at 18:04 Quote
I doubt it, you would also have to walk/drive up the mountain

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015710
Mobile Version of Website