Post your BROOKLYN MACHINE WORKS bikes

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your BROOKLYN MACHINE WORKS bikes
Posted: Sep 27, 2009 at 11:52 Quote
Took the chance to bring this thread back up. Thought it could be fun to post a pic of my old n faithfull BMW Hitman #1

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/larssch/P1010204.jpg
Enjoy Smile

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 1:37 Quote
wantBMW wrote:
photo
photo

RL#?

Ahh, gotta love those triple clamp Avys - classy set up, nice! DHS even with hi/lo compression adjuster....

Enjoy!!

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 4:24 Quote
ndrs wrote:
wantBMW wrote:
photo
photo

RL#?

Ahh, gotta love those triple clamp Avys - classy set up, nice! DHS even with hi/lo compression adjuster....

Enjoy!!

Not sure what you mean by RL#? But yes it's a very nice setup, I've gone from a 2006 Haro extreme X7 to this so I will enjoy thoroughly. I never knew a bike could perform, and be controlled so well. I can't tell it weighs 51 lbs. Unless I put it on a scale. it's an incredible bike, I can't say enough about it.

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 4:49 Quote
wantBMW wrote:
ndrs wrote:
wantBMW wrote:
photo
photo

RL#?

Enjoy!!

Not sure what you mean by RL#? But yes it's a very nice setup, I've gone from a 2006 Haro extreme X7 to this so I will enjoy thoroughly. I never knew a bike could perform, and be controlled so well. I can't tell it weighs 51 lbs. Unless I put it on a scale. it's an incredible bike, I can't say enough about it.

You can find the serial# on the upper left shock mount and the swingarm`s left dropout. Just curious how many of the 300 have been sold.... Mines #110.
And yeah, what`s a wee bit more weight if you can have such pedal and suspension performance!

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 8:00 Quote
ndrs wrote:
wantBMW wrote:
ndrs wrote:

RL#?

Enjoy!!

You can find the serial# on the upper left shock mount and the swingarm`s left dropout. Just curious how many of the 300 have been sold.... Mines #110.
And yeah, what`s a wee bit more weight if you can have such pedal and suspension performance!

Thought thats what you meant, mine is #162. What is the brand of the rear fender on yours? I can't find anything that will work.

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 11:36 Quote
wantBMW wrote:
ndrs wrote:
wantBMW wrote:

Thought thats what you meant, mine is #162. What is the brand of the rear fender on yours? I can't find anything that will work.

Found out mine are "Sunny Wheel, SW-DH3". Large and Small. Needed some cutting and grinding, happy with it eversince.

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 23:12 Quote
ndrs wrote:
wantBMW wrote:
ndrs wrote:

Found out mine are "Sunny Wheel, SW-DH3". Large and Small. Needed some cutting and grinding, happy with it eversince.
Thanks, I've been wondering if people have been grinding them! That would explain why I haven't found one fender that would mount on my bike.

Posted: Jul 24, 2010 at 3:48 Quote
cod51 wrote:
Did you paint the linkage? If so, bad idea. The Race Link has ridiculously tight tolerances, to the point that the black links are designed with anodizing in mind. Just a warning. Oh, and I dig the new paint tup

Nah they are ano'ed red.

Posted: Dec 24, 2011 at 20:35 Quote
Just found something interesting online when browsing the internet searching for custom downhill frames.
Ive met a lot of people that love the BMW "doc" bars and always beg bmw to bring them back with no luck.
well i basically found a company that makes nearly identical bars. they are slightly different but look bad-ass and strong in the same way that the doc bars do.
heard talk somewhere that brooklyn machine works might bring back the doc bars in limited quantities at some point but until then these seem pretty legit.
http://www.thickbikes.com/Wrap_DH_Bars.html

also people love the shinburger pedals that BMW made and another company makes a version of those as well

Brave Machine Killah
this website shows them
http://forum.dirt.ru/showthread.php?t=223129

I am in no way trying to knock bmw as they are the best bike maker ever IMO, but just trying to share what i have found
-Mitch

o yeah and heres my old tmx
thing was a beast unfortunately financial situations made me sell. sold it to a cool guy who has a bunch of BMWs and happens to be on pink bike tho so at least it went to a good home.
Had Doc bars and shinburger pedals. best of both worlds

My old bmw TMX 46. now owned by another member here.

I think it was either one of one, or one of two that was simply clear-coated so that you could see the welds!

Posted: Dec 26, 2011 at 6:00 Quote
First paint job

photo

Second paint job

photo

Riding

photo

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.056787
Mobile Version of Website