PSP Network Connection Problems (Please Help)

PB Forum :: Computers, Games & Technology
PSP Network Connection Problems (Please Help)
Previous Page |
Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 19:04 Quote
I got a new psp about a month ago and I can't get it to connect to my network so that I can go on the internet. I have the WLAN switch turned on and I have wireless internet with a router so that eliminates those possible problems. When I search for a connection it finds my wireless internet conection and the signal strength is anywhere from 75%-100%. When I test the connection it says connecting to the access point and then obtaining IP address. But after that it says, "A connection error has occurred. The attempt to obtain the IP address timed out." What does this mean and how can I get my PSP to connect to the internet. Does anybody know how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 22:13 Quote
justin99 wrote:
I got a new psp about a month ago and I can't get it to connect to my network so that I can go on the internet. I have the WLAN switch turned on and I have wireless internet with a router so that eliminates those possible problems. When I search for a connection it finds my wireless internet conection and the signal strength is anywhere from 75%-100%. When I test the connection it says connecting to the access point and then obtaining IP address. But after that it says, "A connection error has occurred. The attempt to obtain the IP address timed out." What does this mean and how can I get my PSP to connect to the internet. Does anybody know how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Is your router setup by a "professional"? Sometimes, "wifi professionals" setup the wireless network in a way that the router will **ONLY** accept specified MAC address, thus only allowing specified computer/wirelss enabled device to connect. The solution to this problem is to change the settings in your router.

Sometimes, psp have trouble connecting to secured wifi. Try to change the encryption method, password, etc in your router and see if the PSP will connect to your wireless network.

On a computer, if tcp/ip file is corrupted or incorrectely setup, then it also has the symptoms you're describing. The fragmented threashold, RTS threshold, Becon interval, DIim interval, TX rate.etc sometimes might corrupt itself in the wireless program thus may show the symptoms you've describe. If the wireless program on your psp is corrupted, then your only choice is to reload the firmware. This method should be used as a last resort and could cause permanent damage to your psp.

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 23:48 Quote
burnabycentral wrote:
justin99 wrote:

Is your router setup by a "professional"? Sometimes, "wifi professionals" setup the wireless network in a way that the router will **ONLY** accept specified MAC address, thus only allowing specified computer/wirelss enabled device to connect. The solution to this problem is to change the settings in your router.

Sometimes, psp have trouble connecting to secured wifi. Try to change the encryption method, password, etc in your router and see if the PSP will connect to your wireless network.

On a computer, if tcp/ip file is corrupted or incorrectely setup, then it also has the symptoms you're describing. The fragmented threashold, RTS threshold, Becon interval, DIim interval, TX rate.etc sometimes might corrupt itself in the wireless program thus may show the symptoms you've describe. If the wireless program on your psp is corrupted, then your only choice is to reload the firmware. This method should be used as a last resort and could cause permanent damage to your psp.

No...not permanent damage.

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 8:07 Quote
burnabycentral wrote:
justin99 wrote:

We got our high speed wireless internet about 3 months ago and when the guy was installing it he said he set the system up so that I could play online on my PS2 and go on the internet/ play online with my psp. The other problem is that I have no idea how to change any settings on my router.

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 19:42 Quote
CarbonOS wrote:
burnabycentral wrote:
justin99 wrote:

If you load a corrupted firmweare onto the PSP, it'll cause permanent damamage to your psp.

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 21:28 Quote
burnabycentral wrote:
CarbonOS wrote:
burnabycentral wrote:

If you load a corrupted firmweare onto the PSP, it'll cause permanent damamage to your psp.

Pandora battery stuff or flash it...you know what? ask Carlos LOL.

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 22:21 Quote
CarbonOS wrote:
burnabycentral wrote:
CarbonOS wrote:

Pandora battery stuff or flash it...you know what? ask Carlos LOL.

You can't flash a firmware when the original firmware is malfunctional or corrupted to a certain point.

Pandora battery is comes with a fresh firmware. You're basically getting a replacement part. So still means that the old firmware is corrupted thus the psp is borken if you use the original battery which conatins the original corrupted firmware.

Anyways... even if you can "save" your psp, you should be careful.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 8:19 Quote
burnabycentral wrote:
CarbonOS wrote:
burnabycentral wrote:

Well I haven't downloaded anything onto my PSP yet.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 11:24 Quote
justin99 wrote:
burnabycentral wrote:
justin99 wrote:

We got our high speed wireless internet about 3 months ago and when the guy was installing it he said he set the system up so that I could play online on my PS2 and go on the internet/ play online with my psp. The other problem is that I have no idea how to change any settings on my router.

What is the brand and model number of your router? Did they guy setting up the system give you any passwords or log in detals?

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 12:23 Quote
--aaron-- wrote:
justin99 wrote:
burnabycentral wrote:

What is the brand and model number of your router? Did they guy setting up the system give you any passwords or log in detals?

It's a Belkin wireless G router. He did not give us any passwords or anything like that.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 13:11 Quote
Try log into your router using these info

URL adress ; 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
one for them should work

A windows should prompt you fro username and password

The choices are:

username: admin, administrator, [blank]
password: admin, administrator, [blank]

Try a combination of the user name and password if you can. Most of them, these username and password combination will work.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 13:32 Quote
burnabycentral wrote:

one for them should work

The choices are:

Try a combination of the user name and password if you can. Most of them, these username and password combination will work.

No,

Belkin's seem to be 192.168.2.1

and there is no password, unless it has been set.

If you get us the MODEL NUMBER of the router we can be more help. Look around on the router and you should see a number that starts with F5D or F6D

If you can connect try this http://www.psp411.com/show/guide/30/2

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 13:43 Quote
--aaron-- wrote:
burnabycentral wrote:

one for them should work

The choices are:

No,

Belkin's seem to be 192.168.2.1

and there is no password, unless it has been set.

If you get us the MODEL NUMBER of the router we can be more help.

If you can connect try this http://www.psp411.com/show/guide/30/2

There's only 1 model of belkin wireless G router.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 16:30 Quote

Yep... there's only 1 wireless G router

The model is F5D7230-4

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv16 0.018757
Mobile Version of Website