Pinkbike Subaru Fan Club

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Pinkbike Subaru Fan Club
Posted: Oct 9, 2014 at 23:24 Quote
Yeah the CX is underpowered. It does ok but it's not fast by any means and there's no way I'd buy one without a manual trans in it. I test drove a couple.

Posted: Feb 17, 2015 at 15:49 Quote
Hey everyone, new Subaru owner here as of early February. I picked up an 09 impreza 2.5i, sport package. My question is, I'm looking at replacing the headlights and am looking for suggestions, I found some spec d' ones on car id. Was hoping for some different options, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

2009 impreza

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 at 6:54 Quote
Headlights or just the bulbs!? Because I upgraded to PIAA bulbs in it and made a pretty good difference, although the projector got use a little alignment!!

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 at 13:44 Quote
rigodon777 wrote:
Headlights or just the bulbs!? Because I upgraded to PIAA bulbs in it and made a pretty good difference, although the projector got use a little alignment!!

Already upgraded the bulbs, looking to put something like this in
Headlight

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 6:47 Quote
I got my upgraded headlights for the forester at partsgeek.com they are similar to what you want just for a forester. Check there

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 7:04 Quote
Hey, does anyone here have experience with Whiteline products?

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 8:57 Quote
looeythedog wrote:
Hey, does anyone here have experience with Whiteline products?

I own half their catalog for my car.

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 9:30 Quote
Well, a while back, bought a month and a half ago, bought the tower brace for my outback, and yes, I made sure multiple times that it was the right size, even the store I bought it from confirmed it. And when i got it, wouldn't fit. Has about 1/8 of an inch of either side of the brace that needs the be longer in order to fit into the mounts. As of right now, when the mounts are on, the brace will fit into one or the other. And I can't do any all thread because that wouldn't leave enough room for it. Also got a suggestion to take it to an alu welder and have them weld some new material into the middle to extend the end out to make it fit. Suggestions? I know, i know, contact Whiteline first, but can't return the product now, as it's over 30 days past when I bought it.

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 11:28 Quote
Since it's a dressup item (OBXT/LGT/ETC) have the strut towers close to the firewall, so the brace doesn't do anything.

I'd say weld it, or sell it for x amount and buy a cheaper one.

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 13:02 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
Since it's a dressup item (OBXT/LGT/ETC) have the strut towers close to the firewall, so the brace doesn't do anything.

I thought for some cars, higher up model ones, don't really need one, but I thkught with lower end models/older models it helped with the frame flex? But anyways. So was looking up specs on the Impreza wagon vs the outback (both old gen) and damn. The cargo space difference between the two is insane. Would love a Impreza, but have too much poo to carry during ski/bike seasons when shuttling, even with a box.

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 13:03 Quote
Rattsl wrote:

Fronts are definitely not a must have. I'd sell it and buy a rear.

My guess is that it's the wrong one. I think I have a rear sitting in my garage right now for a GC wagon.

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 13:08 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Rattsl wrote:

Fronts are definitely not a must have. I'd sell it and buy a rear.

My guess is that it's the wrong one. I think I have a rear sitting in my garage right now for a GC wagon.
Didn't think you can get a tower brace for the rear. Confused But if anything, next thing I get on my Scoobie is a rear sway bar. And maybe some better brakes.

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 13:39 Quote
Rear tower brace is available. Nicer IMO.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.123077
Mobile Version of Website