How to ride DH safely and WIN!

PB Forum :: Downhill
How to ride DH safely and WIN!
Posted: Jul 17, 2013 at 20:15 Quote
#75 think that over rocks and rough stuff, try to feel as light as possible, and in corners, as heavy as possible.

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2013 at 23:09 Quote
steezus wrote:
#75 think that over rocks and rough stuff, try to feel as light as possible, and in corners, as heavy as possible.
thats sounds likes good thinking process haha. So unload the suspension before Rocks and push into turns. Any ideas how to drift the year wheel without drifting the front? Haha

Posted: Jul 18, 2013 at 1:17 Quote
ryanreishripper wrote:
steezus wrote:
thats sounds likes good thinking process haha. So unload the suspension before Rocks and push into turns. Any ideas how to drift the year wheel without drifting the front? Haha

you have to shift your weight forward. do this by leaning a bit more over the handelbars and stickt your foot out like the mx'ers do Wink

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2013 at 6:16 Quote
poritz wrote:
ryanreishripper wrote:
steezus wrote:

you have to shift your weight forward. do this by leaning a bit more over the handelbars and stickt your foot out like the mx'ers do Wink
i do MX so I should feel right at home! Ill give it a go haha. I'm Assuming I should also turn a little sharper than normal?

Posted: Jul 18, 2013 at 14:37 Quote
ryanreishripper wrote:
poritz wrote:
ryanreishripper wrote:

i do MX so I should feel right at home! Ill give it a go haha. I'm Assuming I should also turn a little sharper than normal?

yes... or go faster Wink

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2013 at 12:34 Quote
poritz wrote:
ryanreishripper wrote:
poritz wrote:

yes... or go faster Wink
hahaha yeah I need to get better at that... :/

Posted: Aug 8, 2013 at 4:54 Quote
im just going to my first bikepark (leogang) with my new kona operator! do you guys have any tips on what i should do so i dont kill myself Smile i will be taking a camp there too

Posted: Aug 8, 2013 at 4:54 Quote
im just going to my first bikepark (leogang) with my new kona operator! do you guys have any tips on what i should do so i dont kill myself Smile i will be taking a camp there too

Posted: Aug 13, 2013 at 22:50 Quote
mountianbikebelgium wrote:
Well since you're joining a camp, just listen to what the instructor tells you to do.

Posted: Aug 14, 2013 at 17:45 Quote
^ that, Also watch the pro's and learn. ALWAYS scope out stunts BEFORE you hit them, Don't go cold turkey and you will stay riding your bike.Salute

Posted: Aug 14, 2013 at 20:38 Quote
Be like steve smith

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2013 at 20:49 Quote
ive got 2, one maybe obvious but one that gets over looked.

dont ride when you are tired and tuck your shirt in.

the second may not be always necessary but if its flapping, tuck it in. it may not be what caused my most recent crash, but it looks like it was a combination of the two things above. i dont know though because i dont remember the crash or the rest of that day. but while i was in the ambulance, i called my team manager and told him my shirt got caught around my shifter pod while doing a whip and it threw me over the bars when i landed. i dont remember that or the conversation, but my shirt has been caught on my handlebars mid table and mid whip before...

Posted: Aug 18, 2013 at 7:39 Quote
or dont wear XXL t-shirts, this isn't skiing

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2013 at 20:17 Quote
stryke wrote:
or dont wear XXL t-shirts, this isn't skiing
i wear a large and im 6'2" so im not wearing a huge shirt..

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2013 at 15:06 Quote
should i where elbow pads?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015708
Mobile Version of Website