Official Calgary Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Calgary Riders Thread
Posted: Jul 21, 2014 at 14:29 Quote
Not downhill haha just messing around on stairs, hop to manuals, 180s, etc. Think BMX but on 26". I use my dj bike.

I like city hall, Olympic Plaza, couple areas around there, and the skate park. There's also some pretty decent dirt jumps in bridge land that are large.

What time you heading to moose and do you have room?

Posted: Jul 21, 2014 at 20:00 Quote
Im planning on heading at around 6, unfortunately i got a bunch of my club with me, we should hook up another time though!

Posted: Jul 22, 2014 at 21:12 Quote
hey, so every friday of the summer i have off for long holidays…
im considering water ton this weekend for some trail riding/campings…anyone know of the area of if theres's much around there other then that sweet ass hike ?

Posted: Jul 24, 2014 at 10:57 Quote
Biking in Waterton Park is limited, there's basically no trails to speak of. You're not allowed to take bikes into the backcountry there.

There are some fun trails in Crowsnest Pass though. http://www.uroc.ca/trails.php

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2014 at 12:26 Quote
jakeht wrote:
Not downhill haha just messing around on stairs, hop to manuals, 180s, etc. Think BMX but on 26". I use my dj bike.

I like city hall, Olympic Plaza, couple areas around there, and the skate park. There's also some pretty decent dirt jumps in bridge land that are large.

What time you heading to moose and do you have room?
where are the jumps in bridgeland?

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 9:07 Quote
Does anyone have a Process 153 that will be taking it to COP or Moose sometime in August? I'm really wanted to try one out, can trade my Devinci Wilson or Process 134 for a run or two.

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 17:28 Quote
This should go in buy/sell, but does anyone have a front 180mm post mount shimano brake adapter they'd be willing to sell, or trade?

Thanks!

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 20:54 Quote
Anybody feel like a few laps out at Moose tomorrow? A truck would be real handy.

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 8:27 Quote
i've never been to moose yet. i have a tacoma and would go for a bit

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 13:38 Quote
Just a heads up going to do some matenance on race of spades at moose, so if your out for a rip keep an eye open for me. I will leave my bike up the trail a bit just as a marker that I'm there.

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 8:22 Quote
Hey All!

We had a group cancel on our Silver Star trip and are looking to fill up some of the last seats left on the bus! If you and some buddies are keen on riding Silver Star all weekend shoot me a message!

Starting at $320/person for 3 nights, 2 lift tickets, and motorcoach transportation!

Itinerary:

Friday, Aug 1, 2014
12:30PM - Load bus at NAIT (HP center) where we provide FREE secured, underground parking for everybody over the course of the trip!
1:00PM - Depart Edmonton
2:30PM - 15 min break / pick-up in Red Deer (Esso/A&W on Gasoline Alley)
2:45PM – Depart Red Deer
4:00PM - Arrive in Calgary for dinner (Sandman Inn Calgary)
4:30PM - Depart Calgary
5:30PM – 5 min break/pickup in Canmore (Silvertip Holiday Inn Express)
5:35PM – Depart Canmore
7:30PM – 15 min break in Golden
8:00PM – Depart Golden
10:00PM (PST, time change!) - Arrive at Silver Star Resort

Saturday, Aug 2, 2014
9:00AM – Wake up, eat, gear up
10:00AM – First Chair, shred some brown pow? Hero dirt?
5:00PM – Last Chair, your sore hands will need to be pried from your handle bars!
6:30PM - Shuttle to the lake! We can have a bbq or just relax on the beach!
9:30PM - Load motorcoach back up to the resort

Sunday, Aug 3, 2014
5:00PM – Last Chair, your sore hands will need to be pried from your handle bars!
6:30PM - Dinner Event

Monday, Aug 4, 2014
9:00AM – Wake up, LOAD BUS
10:00AM - Depart Silver Star Resort
3:30PM (MST, time change) - Dinner in Golden
4:00PM - Depart Golden
7:00PM - Arrive in Calgary
7:15PM - Depart Calgary
10:15PM - Arrive Edmonton

http://www.mostepic.com/product/silverstar-aug-longweekend/

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 13:38 Quote
gonna be doing some laps at cop this evening if anyone is interested in joining prob get there around 4 or 5. Also looking to do some shuttle runs at moose this weekend.

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 19:33 Quote
MostEpicAdventures wrote:
Hey All!

We had a group cancel on our Silver Star trip and are looking to fill up some of the last seats left on the bus! If you and some buddies are keen on riding Silver Star all weekend shoot me a message!

Starting at $320/person for 3 nights, 2 lift tickets, and motorcoach transportation!

Itinerary:

Friday, Aug 1, 2014
12:30PM - Load bus at NAIT (HP center) where we provide FREE secured, underground parking for everybody over the course of the trip!
1:00PM - Depart Edmonton
2:30PM - 15 min break / pick-up in Red Deer (Esso/A&W on Gasoline Alley)
2:45PM – Depart Red Deer
4:00PM - Arrive in Calgary for dinner (Sandman Inn Calgary)
4:30PM - Depart Calgary
5:30PM – 5 min break/pickup in Canmore (Silvertip Holiday Inn Express)
5:35PM – Depart Canmore
7:30PM – 15 min break in Golden
8:00PM – Depart Golden
10:00PM (PST, time change!) - Arrive at Silver Star Resort

Saturday, Aug 2, 2014
6:30PM - Shuttle to the lake! We can have a bbq or just relax on the beach!
9:30PM - Load motorcoach back up to the resort

Sunday, Aug 3, 2014
6:30PM - Dinner Event

Monday, Aug 4, 2014
9:00AM – Wake up, LOAD BUS
10:00AM - Depart Silver Star Resort
3:30PM (MST, time change) - Dinner in Golden
4:00PM - Depart Golden
7:00PM - Arrive in Calgary
7:15PM - Depart Calgary
10:15PM - Arrive Edmonton

http://www.mostepic.com/product/silverstar-aug-longweekend/

ha last time you guys went to whistler…i messaged you guys to go and didn't hear back from you ..so f*ck that..not run very good by the seems of it.

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 19:45 Quote
^^^ Hahaha this bloke has no clue! Most Epic you guys keep killing it!! A company that supports races, trail days, new riders, pro riders, and caters for almost every Albertan with plenty of industry contacts definitley should not be bad mouthed on a public forum. Maybe next time call them directly as me and the other 1000 people have had only good rowdy brown pow all time trips!

Posted: Jul 31, 2014 at 5:08 Quote
austentanney wrote:
^^^ Hahaha this bloke has no clue! Most Epic you guys keep killing it!! A company that supports races, trail days, new riders, pro riders, and caters for almost every Albertan with plenty of industry contacts definitley should not be bad mouthed on a public forum. Maybe next time call them directly as me and the other 1000 people have had only good rowdy brown pow all time trips!

Oh well just saying it how it is. Not like everyone's going to like one thing.
I messaged then for questions and I was down to go. But never heard of them.
Not like in mad or care. Just saying my 2 cents Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017502
Mobile Version of Website