Official Calgary Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Calgary Riders Thread
Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 21:04 Quote
Ajax-Rider wrote:
jason-zee wrote:
@ajax you talking about the big booter that flows straight in to the hip??

No the new set in the grass field behind the drop in for the main jump line
yea I know the ones. They look good but I haven't had the chance to hit them yet

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 21:14 Quote
jason-zee wrote:
Ajax-Rider wrote:
jason-zee wrote:
@ajax you talking about the big booter that flows straight in to the hip??

yea I know the ones. They look good but I haven't had the chance to hit them yet

Were making them slightly smaller for better flow. I broke my collar bone a few weeks ago so we've been delayed a bit.

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 21:23 Quote
Ajax-Rider wrote:
jason-zee wrote:
Ajax-Rider wrote:

Were making them slightly smaller for better flow. I broke my collar bone a few weeks ago so we've been delayed a bit.
ahhhhh Tim showed me that video today

O+
Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 21:54 Quote
kingfish666 wrote:
I'm planing on racing fernie this weekend, any good places to camp that are close? I have my gf and son with me so sleeping in the truck won't work. I usually camp at kookanusa but I would like to be closer than that.
Mt. Fernie prov. park is the closest but good luck getting a spot. I'll be in the parking lot unless by some miracle I get a spot. There's also Island Lake in Sparwood, but also a bit far.

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 22:09 Quote
jason-zee wrote:
Ajax-Rider wrote:
jason-zee wrote:

Video? There's no video of me breaking it, just an x-ray of the aftermath

O+
Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 22:24 Quote
zshipowick wrote:
kingfish666 wrote:
I'm planing on racing fernie this weekend, any good places to camp that are close? I have my gf and son with me so sleeping in the truck won't work. I usually camp at kookanusa but I would like to be closer than that.
Mt. Fernie prov. park is the closest but good luck getting a spot. I'll be in the parking lot unless by some miracle I get a spot. There's also Island Lake in Sparwood, but also a bit far.
ya I'm hopping to snag a first come first serve site, not likely but there is hope.

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 1:37 Quote
Ajax-Rider wrote:
jason-zee wrote:
Ajax-Rider wrote:

Video? There's no video of me breaking it, just an x-ray of the aftermath
I thought you were the only guy with a comi with red wheels. But saw a video of a guy on a blue comi go over the bars on the second jump, I assumed it was you my bad

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 8:24 Quote
zshipowick wrote:
kingfish666 wrote:

Do they still have camping on the far side of the parking lot? We had the holiday trailer there but it was years ago.

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 9:00 Quote
VPS13 wrote:
zshipowick wrote:
kingfish666 wrote:

Do they still have camping on the far side of the parking lot? We had the holiday trailer there but it was years ago.

Not sure if its official, but since it's race weekend there will be lots of people camping up there. They can't really say no if all other sites in the area are full.

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 9:15 Quote
I know its a long shot but does anybody in the area have a 28 hole 20 mm front deemax hub (2009+)

Posted: Aug 29, 2014 at 6:10 Quote
Hey dudes and doodads, anyone interested in shuttling at Moose on Sunday? At least two other guys are in so far.

I don't have the biggest truck, just a little Tacoma Xtra cab.. So if another is available that would be sweet!

Posted: Aug 31, 2014 at 12:26 Quote
Flirting with the idea of moving to AB most likely southern AB. Van Island has no $$$$ on it. Anywho I love DH and techy riding like Mt Prevost/Squamish type riding. I know COP is in CGY but is there any other good riding or places to move where I can ride? I just bought a '15 Newmad so I can pedal now too.

Posted: Aug 31, 2014 at 12:32 Quote
Moose, mt7, fernie are all close

Posted: Aug 31, 2014 at 12:40 Quote
I'd think Fernie and Mt7 would be a good 3 or more hrs away. Dang it's been awhile since I've done any of those drives.

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2014 at 13:10 Quote
BurkeW wrote:
Flirting with the idea of moving to AB most likely southern AB. Van Island has no $$$$ on it. Anywho I love DH and techy riding like Mt Prevost/Squamish type riding. I know COP is in CGY but is there any other good riding or places to move where I can ride? I just bought a '15 Newmad so I can pedal now too.

If you got the Nomad then you have lots of riding choices close to town. Kicking horse, Fernie for lift access, Canmore, Banff, Moose mtn all closer to calgary with shuttle access and pedal access DH trails. Lots of riding potential nearby.

Check out Razors Edge on youtube for one of the coolest descents in the area out near Canmore.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017735
Mobile Version of Website