Official Calgary Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Calgary Riders Thread
O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 8:24 Quote
What if we went early on sun myles?

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 11:09 Quote
I could do a couple runs on Sunday, inwould need to be back in Calgary by 1.

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 13:09 Quote
I think were changing it all to sat

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 16:32 Quote
Awesome man. I'll see about borrowing a truck

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 16:58 Quote
We should have it covered but more the better should be 3 trucks on hand its a big group

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 20:35 Quote
veet-88 wrote:
We should have it covered but more the better should be 3 trucks on hand its a big group
Yay thunder truck

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 20:54 Quote
Would like to share a bad customer experience with as many as possible about SpeedTheory bike shop. Ultimately, I'm very frustrated because I have lost this entire riding season due to the horrible service that caused me to sell the bike and buy a new bike.
The bike has been serviced and repaired 3 times in May-June and each time it has come back in worse repair, ie shifting was clunky and nonresponsive, brakes were also delayed, and general feel of the bike was worse each time. On the last ride (before I quit on the store) I was on highway 40 and the chain broke because the firing pin was not installed properly - this was the first time I rode the bike since being serviced.
After this, I contacted management and owners several times to address the situation. The shop management/owners were not responsive, ie not returning phone calls, emails etc.. After weeks of not getting in touch (despite the effort) I dropped my bike off and was told that Speedtheory does not have an answering machine (so that is the reason for not hearing back). They took one look at the bike and only offered to repair the chain, give another tune up and acted as if my experiences were normal and no upgraded service (longer service guarantee or upgrade) would be given.
It is worth mentioning that I bought the bike in June 2013. I have brought the bike back 7 times over the course of dealing with the store. I went to SpeedTheory for its convenient downtown Calgary location and reputation for providing exceptional service, but my experience speaks for itself. SO my recommendation is to stay away and go to other shops....

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 22:09 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
veet-88 wrote:
Yay thunder truck

THAT MAKES 4

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 22:13 Quote
GinjaNinjaCalgary wrote:
Would like to share a bad customer experience with as many as possible about SpeedTheory bike shop. Ultimately, I'm very frustrated because I have lost this entire riding season due to the horrible service that caused me to sell the bike and buy a new bike.
The bike has been serviced and repaired 3 times in May-June and each time it has come back in worse repair, ie shifting was clunky and nonresponsive, brakes were also delayed, and general feel of the bike was worse each time. On the last ride (before I quit on the store) I was on highway 40 and the chain broke because the firing pin was not installed properly - this was the first time I rode the bike since being serviced.
After this, I contacted management and owners several times to address the situation. The shop management/owners were not responsive, ie not returning phone calls, emails etc.. After weeks of not getting in touch (despite the effort) I dropped my bike off and was told that Speedtheory does not have an answering machine (so that is the reason for not hearing back). They took one look at the bike and only offered to repair the chain, give another tune up and acted as if my experiences were normal and no upgraded service (longer service guarantee or upgrade) would be given.
It is worth mentioning that I bought the bike in June 2013. I have brought the bike back 7 times over the course of dealing with the store. I went to SpeedTheory for its convenient downtown Calgary location and reputation for providing exceptional service, but my experience speaks for itself. SO my recommendation is to stay away and go to other shops....

Ginja ninja.... Please learn to fix a chain if you want to ride bikes.....

CM!

Posted: Oct 8, 2014 at 5:58 Quote
veet-88 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
veet-88 wrote:
Yay thunder truck

THAT MAKES 4

One of my buddies is bringing out a truck, so i don't think I'll need to borrow one now. 5 trucks should be good.

Go Thunder Truck!!

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 8:08 Quote
Anybody riding Moose this weekend?

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 11:39 Quote
mk87 wrote:
Anybody riding Moose this weekend?

Trail day on saturday, I would expect it to be busy as i believe its the last one of the year

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 9:57 Quote
I posted this is the Moose Mountain thread as well but i may as well post here too. I'm looking to get in a ride at MM this Saturday (the 25th) before the snow flies! Anyone else going?

I don't have a truck but I can chip for gas, etc. I'd also be down with getting a group together and just booking a shuttle day with Base shuttle service. Whatever works.

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 20:51 Quote
Anyone friends with jmacg? I'm trying to get a hold of him to buy his float.

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 23:12 Quote
Dude just chill, people have lives besides pb. Check the add for a phone number if you want a more immediate response.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015124
Mobile Version of Website