Official Calgary Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Calgary Riders Thread
Posted: Nov 23, 2014 at 13:35 Quote
Okay thats fair. You didn't mention why you wanted a hub I was just thinking it was because ano green is pretty :/

Posted: Nov 23, 2014 at 13:38 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Okay thats fair. You didn't mention why you wanted a hub I was just thinking it was because ano green is pretty :/

"because i wanted one " wasn't good enough you mean ? Razz

reguardless i wanna f*ckin shred a lot this year on the hills.
i have a canopy on my truck now. but i'll take it off and I'm going to make a shuttle rack at work

Posted: Nov 23, 2014 at 14:40 Quote
wahoo finally got an answer.haha
so they won't credit on my rims because they are 26"
so I'm keeping the stock rim/getting the pro2 eve hub and black spokes install and comes to 350.00
thats not bad then at all. cheaper then i thought so more money to put towards pedals or breaks Wink

Posted: Nov 23, 2014 at 14:40 Quote
Ajax I work at CPN

As for the Glory vs Status: We only have the Glory 2 and 0 right now, getting the 1 this week. Its very hard to find a better bang for your buck bike than the glory. Just a quick comparison, the trek session 9.8 is about 2 grand more than the glory 0 but all the components are a much lower level

Posted: Nov 23, 2014 at 14:51 Quote
steeds wrote:
so I'm keeping the stock rim/getting the pro2 eve hub and black spokes install and comes to 350.00
thats not bad then at all. cheaper then i thought so more money to put towards pedals or breaks Wink
stock pedals are actually not bad for what I found but brakes get some zee on there asap

Posted: Nov 23, 2014 at 14:57 Quote
jason-zee wrote:
steeds wrote:
stock pedals are actually not bad for what I found but brakes get some zee on there asap

Yeah I'll try the pedals out this season. I'm not in much of a hurry to put stuff on. As im sure other then breaks. This bike will be more then what I need.
What bike do you have the zee set up on ?

Posted: Nov 23, 2014 at 15:14 Quote
steeds wrote:
jason-zee wrote:
steeds wrote:

Yeah I'll try the pedals out this season. I'm not in much of a hurry to put stuff on. As im sure other then breaks. This bike will be more then what I need.
My GF has a set on her bike. I have the saints on mine. Awesome brakes unlike the elixirs you have they will actually stop you.

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2014 at 18:53 Quote
Hater I loved my elixers these here new codes arent bad either. What i said before was that its out of riding season so you cant ride end up bored so it becomes build the bike season, i used to do it all the time

Posted: Nov 23, 2014 at 19:07 Quote
veet-88 wrote:
Hater I loved my elixers these here new codes arent bad either. What i said before was that its out of riding season so you cant ride end up bored so it becomes build the bike season, i used to do it all the time
i still do...

Posted: Nov 23, 2014 at 19:08 Quote
I have been following this conversation since I subscribe to this thread. And my 2 cents is RIDE your bike first then decide what needs to be replaced before you drop any money

P.S your bike is sweet shred that shit and save your $ for riding

Posted: Nov 23, 2014 at 20:06 Quote
veet - yeah i was like what the shit. hubs will always make you a better rider!! sound blinds the wicked.haha

and yeah thats the plan....shred that shit hard...with a sweet hub and then mid season next year i'll crack down and check stuff.

it sucks because i feel like I'm in spring mode....stoked to ride. but it's the beginning of winter...fml.

utah over new years anyone ? haha

Posted: Nov 23, 2014 at 20:25 Quote
steeds wrote:
jason-zee wrote:
steeds wrote:

I have zee on my new bike, luke has them.on his status and I know a few other guys running. Zero complaints

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2014 at 6:37 Quote
Never tried the zee's but I have xtr trail's and no complaints there either.

Posted: Nov 24, 2014 at 6:40 Quote
Only person I know who has ever had complaints about any shimano brakes is Ryan (Veet)...

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2014 at 10:09 Quote
To touchy damnit. Also found my slx underpowered for my reign...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018168
Mobile Version of Website