Posted: Jan 5, 2015 at 20:26 Quote
steeds wrote:
it's amusing to complain.

Cool Salute Wink Rolleyes

Posted: Jan 5, 2015 at 20:30 Quote
Cro-Mag wrote:
brandon-d wrote:
jonbikes wrote:

Warranty is nice yes, but it only covers manufacturers defects. If you beat the crap out of something that does not count as a warranty replacement. Buy smart and you can eliminate this problem almost entirely.

Someone has to buy new for you guys to have something used to buy.
I won't buy used, I've had to warranty almost every frame I've had for the last six years.

Guess you should stop being such a hack or buy better frames....

Much like vehicles I'll let others take price hit for me save my money and have more for gas and beer for road trips....

CM!

Yeah, I should stop cheaping out on carbon v10s and demo's.

Posted: Jan 5, 2015 at 20:47 Quote
brandon-d wrote:
Cro-Mag wrote:
brandon-d wrote:

I won't buy used, I've had to warranty almost every frame I've had for the last six years.

Much like vehicles I'll let others take price hit for me save my money and have more for gas and beer for road trips....

CM!

go big or go home i suppose hey?

i'll be the first to admit I'm not all star when it comes to bikes. if i could bust a frame, i'd be stoked.haha
but my career needs both hands. so i'll just be going at my own pace ...or say intermediate ish...oorrrr between blue/black? haha
just enough to do some small drop offs/gaps-jumps/ some techy shit. but meh. i guess my bikes a "freestyle" ride anyways so can't really go balls to the walls anyways so they would say

Posted: Jan 5, 2015 at 20:56 Quote
steeds wrote:
duggyb wrote:
i hate to say it but Bow is def more of a ripoff than others. Most all of there parts/acc are overpriced compared to Bike shop and Bike shop always gives me atleast 10% off stuff sometimes even as high a 15% off. And I haven't bought a bike from either shop. My GF bought a new Kona this year from Bow and it was like pulling teeth to get 10% off accessories and he would only do it if we bought them with the bike.

needless to say ever since this summer Bike Shop has gotten ALL MY MONIES!!

yeah, i have my rocky mountain from the bike shop, and i had great service and if any information, and decent deals from time to time.
but i went to the bike shop one day, then the next day i went to bow cycle and stupid me, forgetting what colours they had for this bike at the bike shop. and just thought i'd better put a down payment on then bike incase someone else got it..and here we are. haha already finding out how much of a pain this place will be to deal with.

i'd only go to the bike shop for parts/help/service/apparel.
probably would never recommend them to anyone, thats forsure.

so I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who went there to deal with bad service.

Said nobody ever.

Posted: Jan 5, 2015 at 21:03 Quote
We all have our preferences or "Local Shop". Lets not bitch about it anymore and talk more about what we all love....Riding bikes!

Also Steeds, go talk to Bow they will help you out. There actually really cool once you know them. Graham does make the best bike shop coffee in Alberta.

Posted: Jan 5, 2015 at 21:05 Quote
it's all good tho. one guy already suggesting i contact him and fix it..try to anyways. but it's fine I'm not worried about it no more.

all i know is I'm stoked to ride it!! every time i go do my laundry in the basement, i give the wheel a spin and I'm like a little school girl giggling.

Posted: Jan 5, 2015 at 21:08 Quote
steeds wrote:
it's all good tho. one guy already suggesting i contact him and fix it..try to anyways. but it's fine I'm not worried about it no more.

all i know is I'm stoked to ride it!! every time i go do my laundry in the basement, i give the wheel a spin and I'm like a little school girl giggling.

I know How you feel, I'm a few weeks away from having a big bike again. Its going to be a good year for sure!

Posted: Jan 9, 2015 at 15:03 Quote
Hey guys, just wondering. If I convert my 3x8 to a 1x8 using the OEM chain rings do I absolutely need a chain guide because of the ramps and pins on the OEM ring? Would changing the rear derailleur (currently an Alivio with 45t capacity) to a short cage help it retain the chain? I'm thinking of using a 2200/2300/Claris Short cage with 35t capacity.

Can I even mix a Claris RD (from the road gruppos) with Acera shifters (from the "recreational" gruppos)? Would it even help with chain retention?

The plan is to use a 34T chain ring with a 11-32T 8 sp. cassette. and like I said currently have an Alivio RD (long cage), Acera shifters, and SR Suntour chainring (24/34/42), and what I believe to be an Altus cassette (possibly an Alivio).

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2015 at 19:41 Quote
brandon-d wrote:
Cro-Mag wrote:
brandon-d wrote:

CM!

Get yourself a used Demo 9, try and break that!

Posted: Jan 10, 2015 at 23:58 Quote
VPS13 wrote:
brandon-d wrote:
Cro-Mag wrote:

CM!

If your that awesome on a bike and busting them that regularly then you should definitely move on and stop wasting your money...there are many frames that will support your radness

CM!

Posted: Jan 11, 2015 at 3:54 Quote
Mitch243 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
steeds wrote:

it's all good. make use of my extra money. Wink
maybe mention to the parts department to print out large write outs, so this wouldn't happen again.

water under the bridge.
average day at bow

Jason doesn't work there, nor does he represent the company.
Steeds, if you have an issue with Bow, its probably best to convey that with them. They've resolves any gripes I've had and always been well mannered about it. Bitching about it online does nothing.
Calling water under the bridge right after you've whinged doesn't really add up.

Ajax, I heard you applied for a job with Bow? I guess their standards were too high.
I never applied for a job there, I worked at a shop in Cochrane for a number of years then went into the engineering field. I asked if they where hiring when I was 13 and first getting into the sport.

Posted: Jan 17, 2015 at 10:08 Quote
VPS13 wrote:
brandon-d wrote:
Cro-Mag wrote:

CM!

I had one, broke the rear triangle at the shock mount like everyone else did.

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2015 at 19:34 Quote
Stick to the frames with good warranty I suppose Beer

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2015 at 21:25 Quote
VPS13 wrote:
Stick to the frames with good warranty I suppose Beer
. This! My 07 glory dh cracked in November I have a new one coming on warranty!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015629
Mobile Version of Website