Official Calgary Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Calgary Riders Thread
Posted: Jan 17, 2015 at 21:26 Quote
challenge accepted..
this year i'll try and ride it hard to f*ck shit up.haha jk

Posted: Jan 19, 2015 at 18:49 Quote
Hello, does anyone have a local source on Magura marta SL pads and rotors? Called bow, ridley, and bikeshop and no luck. Don't really have time to wait for a CRC shipment to come in either... Thanks very much in advance.

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2015 at 21:06 Quote
cracher wrote:
Hello, does anyone have a local source on Magura marta SL pads and rotors? Called bow, ridley, and bikeshop and no luck. Don't really have time to wait for a CRC shipment to come in either... Thanks very much in advance.

Try Calgary Cycle (or the 3-4 other stores they now have), Cyclepath, Cycle bros maybe in Bragg. I dont know if any of them would carry them but there's a few more stores to try. Maybe they can direct you further. GL with the search.

Posted: Jan 19, 2015 at 21:06 Quote
cracher wrote:
Nobody will have them instock however most places will be able to order them for you... Magura is not a common thing here...

Posted: Jan 19, 2015 at 21:37 Quote
Thanks much, will try.

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2015 at 22:02 Quote
cracher wrote:
Thanks much, will try.

Orange Sport Supply Service Partner (After Sales and Service) #106-2433 DOLLARTON HIGHWAY
BC V7H 0A1 NORTH VANCOUVER (604) 990-5110 dan(at)orangesportsupply.com Dan

Found this on google. They carry Magura. Might be the closest distributor.

Posted: Jan 19, 2015 at 22:25 Quote
VPS13 wrote:
cracher wrote:
Thanks much, will try.

Orange Sport Supply Service Partner (After Sales and Service) #106-2433 DOLLARTON HIGHWAY
BC V7H 0A1 NORTH VANCOUVER (604) 990-5110 dan(at)orangesportsupply.com Dan

Found this on google. They carry Magura. Might be the closest distributor.
Most shops can order through orange sport in the area. The problem is nobody really stocks their shit

Posted: Jan 20, 2015 at 0:04 Quote
cracher wrote:

Try MEC if you're in a rush. They may at least have some third party pads.

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2015 at 19:23 Quote
Hey Calgary,

If anyone is interested in helping Calgary get it's first public dirt jump park please check out the link I have posted. We (Bike Parks Calgary) are holding a raffle to raise the funds to implement phase one of construction hopefully this spring. The info is in the link, if anyone has more questions feel free to DM me. You also then have the chance to win a brand new Chromag Monk Frame or Autographed Semenuk Overature Saddle.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bike-parks-calgary-frame-raffle

please do share with others that would want to see this BikePark happen!

CheersBig Grin

Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 19:33 Quote
hey, so whats the deal about making some trails at moose area. do you guys do that in the spring? or anyone up for going out to scope out some potential trails earlier

and i assume, in city trail making is frowned upon?

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 20:32 Quote
As far as i know unsanctioned building on moose is very frowned upon if you want to build keep posted for upcoming build days and work on existing trails.

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 4:44 Quote
Yup, big big no no to go out and start mucking about with trail construction out at moose. They have a pretty in depth system to get a trail approved and completed, just keep an eye out for the organized trail work days and they will give you more trail work than you know wha to do with.

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 9:20 Quote
Look at it this way mmbts was created to keep building in check raise the quality of trail building make everything out there safe and LEGAL. Dont need to make any further head ache for those that have put in countless hours to offer us a safe quality place to ride.

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 11:07 Quote
I haven't had the desire to make a new trail there yet! Having a blast on the current ones!!

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 11:13 Quote
The new T dub is going to keep a lot of guys happy this year too, really stand up job done on that project, can't wait to see the fully finished product.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017878
Mobile Version of Website