Official Calgary Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Calgary Riders Thread
Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 13:52 Quote
austentanney wrote:
If you are looking for a place to find people to shred with... Look no further... We have revived the Moose Mountain Shuttle Group on Facebook. With over 100 riders strong you can find people to shuttle with everynight of the week! So join the group and throw up a post if you are needing a shuttle, people to ride with, or just looking for a few extra people for an after work lap. Link is below.

WARNING: Joining this group will result in the following. High Fives, Fist Bumps, Chest Slaps,Skids & Wheelies.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/1647165892184393/

Find your flow!

Joined, thank you kind sir!

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 10:48 Quote
So I'm going to be in the Calgary area a bunch next week, but think I'll only have one good day to go riding. I'm still getting back into things (have spent some time riding around the trails by COP, but not anything else) and am looking for some good beginner/intermediate loops. If I have a day to play in the area, should I head out to Canmore, or Bragg Creek?

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 14:01 Quote
saskskier wrote:
So I'm going to be in the Calgary area a bunch next week, but think I'll only have one good day to go riding. I'm still getting back into things (have spent some time riding around the trails by COP, but not anything else) and am looking for some good beginner/intermediate loops. If I have a day to play in the area, should I head out to Canmore, or Bragg Creek?

Personally i think Canmore. CNC (Canmore Nordic Centre) has some great fun loops and trails for begginer/intermediate. Just head on into the shop by the day lodge, Trail sports and ask them for a map and some suggested trails and they will put a route together!

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 14:49 Quote
baylenc1 wrote:
saskskier wrote:

Personally i think Canmore. CNC (Canmore Nordic Centre) has some great fun loops and trails for begginer/intermediate. Just head on into the shop by the day lodge, Trail sports and ask them for a map and some suggested trails and they will put a route together!

Awesome! I was thinking I might do that during the day and then possibly check out Moose Mountain on the way back if there is a group ride or something. The beauty of holidays!

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 18:20 Quote
Another vote for the Nordic Centre. The nice thing about there is that you can rattle around in the trees all afternoon and change trails pretty much on a whim, rather than having to complete an entire loop. The Blue and Orange loops are great fun for a beginner to intermediate rider.

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 20:25 Quote
I found a Troy lee designs glove at cop today if you lost one go to guest services . I found it beside guest services.

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 22:05 Quote
How is COP this year? Plan on heading there this week. Also, I just purchased a 2015 Gambler. Where could I get it 3m'd?

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 6:30 Quote
Hey guys, a little off topic but I have a room for rent in a 4 bdrm house, 400/month and we have a ton of space and a garage. Let me know if anyone is looking for a place, its in the nw end of calgary in silver springs, awesome spot to be able to just leave from the door and ride trails like sideshow bob and cop.

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 19:34 Quote
Dods3 wrote:
How is COP this year? Plan on heading there this week. Also, I just purchased a 2015 Gambler. Where could I get it 3m'd?

Check out a product called Shelter tape. You can purchase it at MEC. Or get a roll on e-bay. It works great and last's.

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 20:16 Quote
Dods3 wrote:
I found it much improved over last year. Safari planet to haircut rabbit is great.

Posted: Jul 9, 2015 at 0:43 Quote
Lazer is actually decent size its great

Posted: Jul 13, 2015 at 13:28 Quote
Can't wait to get out and ride something other than just Fish Creek. Almost have enough parts for my roof rack lol.

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 9:55 Quote
Hey guys,

Anybody here has a spare 2010 or newer boxxer tall upper crown?

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2015 at 8:53 Quote
Hey guys. Anyone up for some Friday rides? I get Fridays off from work for the summer so trying to round up any strong intermediate riders to rip around with. Will check some other forums around here as well.

Let me know if interested in meeting up sometime.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011405
Mobile Version of Website