Giant Reign X2

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Giant Reign X2
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 20:17 Quote
My friend is looking at possibly getting a reign x2, and he was wondering what people think about them. It would be used for mostly all mountain, downhill and some cross country. Would be ridden alot.

O+
Posted: Mar 8, 2008 at 11:12 Quote
I have a 2007 x2 I love it. It climbs fairly well and descends beautifully. It's a truly versatile machine and I can't find any faults. Except it would be nice to have a 7 inch rotor in the back. But overall, the bike looks and performs flawlessly. I strongly recommend it.
photo

Posted: Mar 10, 2008 at 19:19 Quote
yes, the giant reign x2 is a very nice bike, although, i would not suggest you get it. we have one in our shop right now and i was checking it out and even though it is a very nice bike, i would strongly recommend that your friend save the extra 2 hundred bucks it is for the x1 and buy that one.
I dont like the idea of the 55 on the front as it is a first year fork for marzocchi and there are bound to be problems with it whereas the 36 Van R on the x1 is a proven fork and it is a much better fork than the 55. Also you get a better chainguide, better shock, and the stroker trails which, almost any one of those parts are worth the extra money for the x1.
I am slightly biased as i am going in to order an x1 for myself tomorrow but the x1 is a better value, because you get alot better component spec for only 200 more. even just for the better fork it is well worth it.
Cheers,
Josh

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 0:47 Quote
i have enough money for a x2 would it be better to save up for the x1?

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 6:14 Quote
I would suggest it, but the Reign X1's in medium and large were sold out a month or more ago. If you can find one at a shop than go for it. It will be much easier to find an X2.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 6:34 Quote
Definitely save up for the x1 like Jeanie said. I think it's more than $200 difference though...although I could be wrong. I got my x1 a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it. I had to shop around for one in a large size and because the store had to order it in & knew I wouldn't find one elsewhere they wouldn't really give me a deal.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 6:38 Quote
Okay sorry, never mind. It is about a $400 difference between the bikes. For some reason I was thinking the X2 went for 2400 at my shop, and the X1 for 2600, but the X2 sells for 2200. Its around $400 difference though, well worth saving up for considering the upgrades you get.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 10:20 Quote
wat if i save up and they run out?

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 10:28 Quote
See if you can find one, most shops will put one on hold or layaway for you if you put some money down. Or if you have a job see if you can get a loan from the bank.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 10:30 Quote
is it possible to pay 2000 and pay 700 later or less if i can get a deal?

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 10:34 Quote
I doubt it, there isn't really a way they will know if you are going to pay it or not. Some bike shops offer financing where you pay off the bike over a period of time, like 3 or 6 months. Most shops will hold it for you until you have enough money if you give them some, but you won't be able to take it home with you. Shop around and see if you can find one, explain your situation and see what they can do for you. Most bike shops will make accomodations to sell an expensive bike like that, so see what they will do.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 10:36 Quote
so i should just tell them to hold it?

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 10:37 Quote
Jeanie wrote:
yes, the giant reign x2 is a very nice bike, although, i would not suggest you get it. we have one in our shop right now and i was checking it out and even though it is a very nice bike, i would strongly recommend that your friend save the extra 2 hundred bucks it is for the x1 and buy that one.
I dont like the idea of the 55 on the front as it is a first year fork for marzocchi and there are bound to be problems with it whereas the 36 Van R on the x1 is a proven fork and it is a much better fork than the 55. Also you get a better chainguide, better shock, and the stroker trails which, almost any one of those parts are worth the extra money for the x1.
I am slightly biased as i am going in to order an x1 for myself tomorrow but the x1 is a better value, because you get alot better component spec for only 200 more. even just for the better fork it is well worth it.
Cheers,
Josh
55s have travel problems

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 10:39 Quote
Tell them you have 2000 bucks now but don't have the rest yet. ask them if they have financing, if not ask if they can hold it or put it on layaway until you have the money. Do you have a shop you know that has one? search around and ask questions

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 10:39 Quote
thats wat im woried about the 55 are brand new this year but the fox 36 fork has been a round for a long time

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.034173
Mobile Version of Website