Edmonton: Land of the fat bike

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Edmonton: Land of the fat bike
Posted: Oct 29, 2014 at 12:11 Quote
I don't even give a shit about Edmonton and I live here (Sorry/ Not sorry). In all honesty though I think a lot of it comes down to the quality of the photography/videography and writing.

O+
Posted: Oct 29, 2014 at 13:23 Quote
mtnbikemike wrote:
Pinkbike should feature Edmonton....I've tried
Pinkbike doesn't give a shit about E-town...we have two mods who barely ever ride, let alone are they interested in promoting our town. THAT'S WHY I MAKE VIDEOS OF THis beautiful place. Pride factor!

Let's get some riders out in the spring then. If we get some good riders, I'll bring the camera gear. I'm pretty confident that I could get enough stellar photos for an Edmonton feature.

If anyone is serious let me know. Ryan and I are professional photographers and between the two of us we could put us on the map for riding.

Posted: Oct 29, 2014 at 13:46 Quote
I know your writing skills Matheis....I've been told if we write a blog Brule will post it. Do it!

Posted: Oct 29, 2014 at 19:13 Quote
Maybe EMBA wants to get involed.I'll send Daylin a message.

O+
Posted: Oct 29, 2014 at 20:20 Quote
Make sure you put a word in about the trials scene here; we actually have a lively one for Canada (well, North America even)! Edmontonians are some of the most balanced Wink

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2014 at 8:47 Quote
jubs17 wrote:
Make sure you put a word in about the trials scene here; we actually have a lively one for Canada (well, North America even)! Edmontonians are some of the most balanced Wink

Come spring, I'd like to spend a couple hours shooting some trials. I've got some ideas for it that will look pretty good!

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2014 at 9:45 Quote
Crokaine wrote:
jubs17 wrote:

Come spring, I'd like to spend a couple hours shooting some trials. I've got some ideas for it that will look pretty good!

YEEEEESSSSSSSS!!! Jailbreak
Not enough filming of trials. Granted, its not the most attractive to watch for most people... all hopping and slow paced (unless your Aaron)

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2014 at 12:12 Quote
jubs17 wrote:
Crokaine wrote:
jubs17 wrote:

Not enough filming of trials. Granted, its not the most attractive to watch for most people... all hopping and slow paced (unless your Aaron)

I would be willing to try some video but I do not have much experience with it. Stills... I got you guys covered. I'd love to drag some studio lights out and do it up big time.

Posted: Oct 30, 2014 at 14:59 Quote
Tried to get some hype and funding for a full blown short film about the bike scene here in Edmonton earlier in the spring but it didn't go through. Some other random short films got the Telus funding instead. This year I just rode more, left the camera at home and focused my film making time my Lego Mountain Biking animation.

Next year I think if we all get together and just make it happen we could make something super rad in terms of a video project. It'd be sweet to get some photo epics coming out of here as well, with some story tied in with them.

Pinkbike sure as hell doesn't hate Edmonton. The reason there's barley anything featuring Edmonton on the homepage is simply due to the fact that there's no one here producing Edmonton content of homepage caliber.

Also if we blow next year out of the water in terms of high quality content then I think the folks at city hall and the news outlets have no choice but to see that the Edmonton mtb bike scene is a very strong part of the whole outdoors culture here. If we can show them that embracing mountain biking and promoting it as a city contributes to the economy and the well being of Edmontonians... Then we will get the funding we've been begging for for who knows how long.

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2014 at 16:33 Quote
I love your vids Ox, they make me wanna ride Salute
If ever I get a chance to be in one of your films it would make me happy for the entire year (but I guess that means I need to be good on the trails.....)

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2014 at 17:29 Quote
jubs17 wrote:
Crokaine wrote:
jubs17 wrote:

Not enough filming of trials? When you search Edmonton videos thats all you find is trials!!

Posted: Oct 30, 2014 at 21:36 Quote
Oxburger wrote:
Tried to get some hype and funding for a full blown short film about the bike scene here in Edmonton earlier in the spring but it didn't go through. Some other random short films got the Telus funding instead. This year I just rode more, left the camera at home and focused my film making time my Lego Mountain Biking animation.
Props. That video made my day the first time I watched it; stop motion is so charming.

Posted: Oct 31, 2014 at 6:22 Quote
3whip wrote:
jubs17 wrote:
Crokaine wrote:

Not enough filming of trials? When you search Edmonton videos thats all you find is trials!!

Ya exactly! We got enough trails and all mountain trails here. Time for big jumps for big bikes! We all need something that won't get boring quick all our downhill trails are super short and if a trail is going to be short it better be damn good. That's why my goal next year is to build a large set of jumps that I can session with my buddies all day and not get bored. Just like fest series. They don't have to be 80 ft jumps 40 ft is fine just look at loose fest in Belgium biggest jumps ever on a tiny hill no bigger than our hills there is no reason we could not build some big f*cking fun jumps!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013439
Mobile Version of Website