Edmonton: Land of the fat bike

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Edmonton: Land of the fat bike
Posted: Oct 31, 2014 at 6:51 Quote
Building on city land has to be done by a sanctioned group...or it will just bring the wrong attention.

Posted: Oct 31, 2014 at 7:26 Quote
Well a sanctioned group here is going to build child's jumps. But I talking out anywhere in the river valley there is a good spot just outside of devon for building no one goes in there Besides a few quads

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2014 at 9:18 Quote
anyone else out there riding fat bikes?

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2014 at 9:26 Quote
Crokaine wrote:
anyone else out there riding fat bikes?

Hardcore Bike Shop is doing there group ride Monday Nights 6:30pm at the shop all winter long.

Posted: Nov 17, 2014 at 14:24 Quote
Hey does anyone on these fourms do park skiing more on the streets then the hills? looking to learn a few things so PM if you do.

Mod
Posted: Nov 17, 2014 at 22:03 Quote
mtnbikemike wrote:
Pinkbike should feature Edmonton....I've tried
Pinkbike doesn't give a shit about E-town...we have two mods who barely ever ride, let alone are they interested in promoting our town. THAT'S WHY I MAKE VIDEOS OF THis beautiful place. Pride factor!

Thanks for the faith in your albertan mods.

Just saying I have never lived in Edmonton, and do ride. More of a Lethbridge person when it comes to promoting riding as thats where I have spent most of my adult life. Last few years have been rough due to a shitty hand dealt in injuries and sickness. Hoping to move to whistler this coming summer. Deanne rides a shit load, check out her racing group she founded http://www.prairiegirlsracing.ca/.

We mods cannot promote edmonton on the front page, we have no say in POD's, POV's, articles or anything else. All of our powers are in the forums and that is it. Sure a few of my articles made it front page when I was racing, a few did not. It's all dependent on the front page dudes (AKA Brule and others) likes/dislikes and what will mesh with the other articles at the time. We cannot pull strings to make something appear any better then you can. If you want to make a feature, get out and actually do it instead of whining that the mods are not doing enough. Chances are if the editing, writing, filiming/photog, and riding is good, your article will make it to the front page if there isn't some major event such as rampage, crankworx, interbike etc. happening at the time.

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 at 8:07 Quote
t3rry wrote:
mtnbikemike wrote:
Pinkbike should feature Edmonton....I've tried
Pinkbike doesn't give a shit about E-town...we have two mods who barely ever ride, let alone are they interested in promoting our town. THAT'S WHY I MAKE VIDEOS OF THis beautiful place. Pride factor!

Thanks for the faith in your albertan mods.

Just saying I have never lived in Edmonton, and do ride. More of a Lethbridge person when it comes to promoting riding as thats where I have spent most of my adult life. Last few years have been rough due to a shitty hand dealt in injuries and sickness. Hoping to move to whistler this coming summer. Deanne rides a shit load, check out her racing group she founded http://www.prairiegirlsracing.ca/.

We mods cannot promote edmonton on the front page, we have no say in POD's, POV's, articles or anything else. All of our powers are in the forums and that is it. Sure a few of my articles made it front page when I was racing, a few did not. It's all dependent on the front page dudes (AKA Brule and others) likes/dislikes and what will mesh with the other articles at the time. We cannot pull strings to make something appear any better then you can. If you want to make a feature, get out and actually do it instead of whining that the mods are not doing enough. Chances are if the editing, writing, filiming/photog, and riding is good, your article will make it to the front page if there isn't some major event such as rampage, crankworx, interbike etc. happening at the time.

Looks like there's slim chance which I doubt for Alberta riders to be featured, anyways I can take that. I do ride with friends that are really good, participated in racing and all that, looks to me so much politics involved, unfortunately.

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 at 8:35 Quote
This mod is from elsewhere....not E-Town and he can post stuff about our beautiful City....IF! There's nothing going on at whistler or or rampage or anything else that might be real news....I appreciate the support but we need EMBA to take the lead here. We are sanctioned we have real power...but only if we stand together. I've had several events in the past few years to showcase the best talent we have in Alberta and I'm willing to do it again, but we have to come together as a community. That means everyone knows someone who can help. Sponsors are easy to aquire I had over 25 including Save on foods rock star Pepsi and the AMA. I've spent over $6000 of my own money and gotten a lot of wold wide attention from our video's and interest in the Ninja Circus Training facility that we wish to include as a part of the new bike park scheduled to be built in leger Park. We will be (Emba) putting a bid in to construct the park ourselves. We don't want Jay Hoots or anyone else designing and bu idling OUR PARK!
I WILL INVITE ALL EDMONTONIONS TO AN EMBA MEETING As soon as we can find a location for this to takeep place. I was a member of the 118 ave community league and I could probably use the same meeting room as we dI'd a few years ago. If we get some member support then the City will be more willing to see we are serious and have a TEAM
TOGERHER
Everyone
Achieves
More

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 at 11:37 Quote
Well there was just 2 posts on talented sherwood park riders on the home page that's pretty good for a city in the Praries.

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 at 11:38 Quote
Ya respect to Jay for building us parks but really we needs guys like brad Stuart building us a park

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 at 12:59 Quote
Mike and Guys EMBA,

Let me know if there's any meeting, I will make myself available. I would like to join the team.

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2014 at 18:14 Quote
I'd love to attend a meeting and become aware of what's going on around edmonton, although I'm sure I wouldn't have much to add. I'll stay tuned Salute

Posted: Nov 20, 2014 at 20:31 Quote
Tiger stripes come through like Magic I Love this Town
  Tiger stripes come through like Magic! I Love this Town!

Posted: Dec 2, 2014 at 18:43 Quote
For all you guys wanting something about edmonton on home page there you go a video of devon showing exactly what mountain biking is here a f*cking joke haha

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2014 at 7:47 Quote
Aren't you old enough to realize that talking smack about someone or something doesn't actually make you look cool?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.110923
Mobile Version of Website