Edmonton: Land of the fat bike

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Edmonton: Land of the fat bike
Posted: Jan 4, 2016 at 21:12 Quote
jakecoyes wrote:
Hey guys, just wondering if anybody would be interested in having a session at the Devon Bike Park on the DH bikes. If anybody is interested let me know Smile

Im interested, lets do that on summer time, its pack with snow now.

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2016 at 2:51 Quote
[Quote="boyblue1973"]
jakecoyes wrote:
its pack with snow now.

I think that's the idea

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2016 at 12:36 Quote
Hey everyone! I just joined pinkbike.com. My first order of business for me is to get proper full suspension bike for this up coming season. I enjoyed the YEG river valley trails this past summer and fall on a crappy bike. Next step is to hit up trails with anyone who is in the local area! Let me know if you when your going and I'd be happy to rip up the trails with you!

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2016 at 13:16 Quote
What are the best fat Bike trails in Edmonton? Not really into riding icy hard pack walking trails.

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2016 at 13:30 Quote
For fat biking it depends what you are looking for, but I typically just ride the single track I ride in the summer.

Average Difficulty: Easier
The trails in http://www.trailforks.com/region/mill-creek-ravine/ have been riding really well.

Average Difficulty: Medium
I heard that the http://www.trailforks.com/trails/go-trail/ is riding really well and it connects Terwilligar which should be good and the trails south of the Henday which are always fun (Mustang etc.)

Average Difficulty: Harder (but not difficult)
This is a great route: http://www.trailforks.com/route/eastern-causeway/

Posted: Jan 9, 2016 at 15:48 Quote
boyblue1973 wrote:
jakecoyes wrote:
Hey guys, just wondering if anybody would be interested in having a session at the Devon Bike Park on the DH bikes. If anybody is interested let me know Smile

Im interested, lets do that on summer time, its pack with snow now.

That's the point! Shovel it out so there is still a bit of snow down a see where it goes from there

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2016 at 3:19 Quote
agnostic wrote:
What are the best fat Bike trails in Edmonton? Not really into riding icy hard pack walking trails.

all the same single track trail you ride in the summer.

Posted: Apr 9, 2016 at 18:42 Quote
hey guys looking to meet some riders in Edmonton go hunting for some trails and dirt jumps !
new to the site and new to forums but i want to meet people !
i have a drone and camera to get some sweet footage and and i am not afraid of hard work willing to help build jumps and run water !
my ride is a transition double
ill be going out tomorrow to enjoy the beautiful weather and would like to meet some fellow riders

Posted: Apr 9, 2016 at 19:23 Quote
Dsl3ddesigns wrote:
hey guys looking to meet some riders in Edmonton go hunting for some trails and dirt jumps !
new to the site and new to forums but i want to meet people !
i have a drone and camera to get some sweet footage and and i am not afraid of hard work willing to help build jumps and run water !
my ride is a transition double
ill be going out tomorrow to enjoy the beautiful weather and would like to meet some fellow riders

pm me

#itgoesdowninthedm

Mod
Posted: Apr 10, 2016 at 20:13 Quote
I finally moved into edmonton.. I know the big old drop in Millcreek eroded, but is there anything similar in size around.. if I remember it used to be a 12 by 15 foot drop ish depending on how big you went. Also where is the best natural terrain in the city.

Posted: Apr 10, 2016 at 21:32 Quote
t3rry wrote:
Also where is the best natural terrain in the city.

Rio Terrace [PI=
old photo of some edmonton gnar. can t seem to find the original.
  old photo of some edmonton gnar. can't seem to find the original.

An even earlier pic from BMT Getting zesty in front of some kids.
  An even earlier pic from BMT, Getting zesty in front of some kids.

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 at 7:53 Quote
You could build a run out for that trail gap in belgravia and try it out for me haha

Mod
Posted: Apr 11, 2016 at 18:28 Quote
Ahh I forgot about rii. Haven't ridden that in years.

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 at 21:02 Quote
Aight I havent been on this forum for a while but I gotta hook up with you guys building in belgravia. I live there, I built 7 up(not "guidos gorge"?) with some friends that have left the city. Need to meet up with some new riders who wanna build. I love your flow trail bryce. It's all dope and we need to team up...

Posted: Apr 19, 2016 at 22:53 Quote
Agreed. We will be working on ass over tea kettle soon. I rode it today and someone must have wrecked or pulled the little drop out of the ground and it tipped over as I hit it and caused me to eat shit. I'm hoping to turn it into a shark fin and make things bigger and better on the trail.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020722
Mobile Version of Website