It does not matter what kind of bike, if it's pimped out post it here!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
It does not matter what kind of bike, if it's pimped out post it here!
O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2015 at 15:56 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Change name.

What the heel?

Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 23:48 Quote
Now with all new X01 11 speed and a new Absolute Black XX1 spiderlessSalute

Now with all new SRAM X01 11 speed 2015 and a Absolute Black XX1 spiderless chainring on my Dartmoor Hornet 2014

Now with all new SRAM X01 11 speed 2015 and a Absolute Black XX1 spiderless chainring on my Dartmoor Hornet 2014

Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 4:54 Quote
I saw,

I conquered !

Lmao

Posted: Aug 7, 2015 at 12:39 Quote
So this in my refreshed bike fitted with Manitou Dorado and Vivid R2C shock.
hey members, wake up!

Posted: Aug 7, 2015 at 13:03 Quote
Not pimped out. Fake Saint cranks, 26" wheels, no carbon? Are you even trying?

Posted: Aug 7, 2015 at 13:05 Quote
nhp890 wrote:
Not pimped out. Fake Saint cranks, 26" wheels, no carbon? Are you even trying?
old sql m8

Posted: Aug 7, 2015 at 13:10 Quote
It may not be pimped out to the max but still looks edible.

Posted: Aug 8, 2015 at 5:55 Quote
NOICE! Must have cost a BOMB! being an sworks and all.

Posted: Aug 8, 2015 at 6:28 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
NOICE! Must have cost a BOMB! being an sworks and all.

Cheers dude.

Went a bit mental on the build, full XTR Trail groupset (inc brakes), Diety carbon bar and seat, Bos Devilles, DMR Vault pedals and finished it with Hope everything else Smile

Love it

Posted: Aug 8, 2015 at 7:15 Quote
How are you finding the Deity bars as I was close to getting a set.

I always loved the feel of the original Deity bars, best back/up sweep and rise ever for me at least.

Yeah I also have Devilles in 140mm and absolutely love'em they transformed the ride completely.
along with carbon DT wheels and a Reverb dropper.

Posted: Aug 8, 2015 at 7:22 Quote
It's a great bar, feels spot on for me also. One of the great things about it is it's designed to reduce arm pump, it does do a great job at that, however whatever research they put into its design means that it's really comfortable.

How are you finding your carbon rims compared to Ally? Thinking of going down that road myself, not sure which yet, what rims are you running?

Posted: Aug 8, 2015 at 10:10 Quote
yeah right, deity bars rock end of! Big Grin

Well, I recently got a set of DT Swiss EXC 1550s so 26'' wheels and they come pre-built with aero bladed spokes and use 240s hubs with stainless not ceramic bbs but that is an option. Wink

They are fairly narrow for trail/enduro/light freeride rims but are absolutely awe inspiring and I am no lightweight, smoother rider than people would think by looking at me/my weight.

I have them set up as 20mm front and 135mm x 10mm bolted QR axle.

First thing I noticed was how direct the power from crank to ground they are plus they must be lighter than the also decent Flow EXs on Hope pro 11 evo hubs.

They seem stiff but not overly so and apparently carbon rimmed wheels need truing less often from various sources of info.

Just be careful to not use if going custom build option that alloy nipple I have heard as they can seize in the carbon rim holes and cause cracking over time.
easiest way to avoid this I'm pretty sure is to use stronger brass nipples but again can only guess.

Tbh pre-built Rovals can be had for £700 and come with an awesomely long and trustworthy warranty through Specialized. The Traverse carbon ones with hook less rims are the ones that will be suitable.
bear in mind there is a weight limit iirc on Rovals.

Then you have likes of Ibis, LB cycles who I am not familiar with either plus all the other brands.

Enves are obviously going to be envious but doubt they are too much better than the DT Swiss in terms of longevity plus they look complete f*ggotry giving that roady deep section look which personally I don't like oh yeah plus the price.

Hope this helps as my long term experience of carbon wheels is limited at the moment.
I'm mainly going on the fact that I have shopped around for info from retailers and forums and chose the DT Swiss for my style ride and the fact that DT kit is just plain good in design etc.

Posted: Aug 8, 2015 at 10:13 Quote
One thing I noticed with carbon rims are that I had some squirming of tyres at first then played with tyre pressure and became much better, just about right at the moment.

That was the only slight negative when I first purchased them but that was partly my bad as l found out bit more psi and BINGO!

WE HAVE A WINNER LOL Pimp

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030416
Mobile Version of Website