Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
Posted: Sep 10, 2010 at 11:55 Quote
crosscheck wrote:
silentj wrote:
Toonie race: summit lot -> SpecialK -> tom snow -> all the way out to Station Flats...but I'm sadistic like that.

+1.
we should also add a category that starts at the Moose road parking lot and goes up Pneuma to get to Special K, chugging a beer at every trail crossing on the way up. Beer

...and THIS is why we have insurance!!lol Beer

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2010 at 17:39 Quote
jitenshakun wrote:
This is all a very interesting conversation about the survival of a classic city of Calgary XC trail but what are the conditions out on Moose? Any word on Baldy? JP/Cox? Anything?

Prairieview-Jewell Pass was really fine this afternoon-
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://members.shaw.ca/steveriggs3/PVJ-01.jpgOnly some scattered minor puddles and wetness here and there.
The trail off the backside sure is getting widened by poor riding habits and intentional shortcutting, though.
Based on what I saw of JP and Cox, I would expect to ride though a bit of snow on the highest portions, and below treeline, find similar conditions to this afternoon at PVJ.

Posted: Sep 10, 2010 at 19:14 Quote
Accompanied my wife on a pre-ride of the Corporate Challenge course at COP. It's smooth and easy, a little moist/slippery in the trees, but all the climbs are griptastic. If COP is like that, I imagine Bowmont [trail day tomorrow], Fish Creek and most low elevation trails in the foothills will be similar.

Posted: Sep 10, 2010 at 19:16 Quote
aka-bigsteve wrote:

Prairieview-Jewell Pass was really fine this afternoon-
The trail off the backside sure is getting widened by poor riding habits and intentional shortcutting, though.
When you say "backside", I'm assuming you mean Chief Hector?

Posted: Sep 10, 2010 at 21:38 Quote
All this talk about great conditions and the ending riding season, and I am gutted I still can't ride Frown

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2010 at 21:53 Quote
Bilirubin5 wrote:
All this talk about great conditions and the ending riding season, and I am gutted I still can't ride Frown
bro no worries you can usually get one ride in every month of the year.

Posted: Sep 10, 2010 at 22:34 Quote
Bilirubin5 wrote:
How long have you got to go?

Posted: Sep 10, 2010 at 23:21 Quote
pinkrobe wrote:
Bilirubin5 wrote:
How long have you got to go?
Cuts looking great but the swelling is still substantial. Have a visit with the doc this coming week hopefully I can start riding and lifting soon. I'm going a bit batty with the stationary bikes, and am starting to like Holmes on Homes. Kill me, please.

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2010 at 7:19 Quote
Bilirubin5 wrote:

What's the nature of your injury? Pics?

Posted: Sep 11, 2010 at 11:35 Quote
jitenshakun wrote:
Bilirubin5 wrote:

Had a ganglionic cyst removed from my right wrist.

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2010 at 12:52 Quote
Bilirubin5 wrote:
jitenshakun wrote:
Bilirubin5 wrote:

Had a ganglionic cyst removed from my right wrist.

We can probably get by without the pictures then...

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2010 at 17:49 Quote
Great MMBTS trail day everyone. I didn't think I'd be hauling rocks all day but its worth it to give back to a trail I ride so much.

Beer

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2010 at 19:11 Quote
jitenshakun wrote:
Great MMBTS trail day everyone. I didn't think I'd be hauling rocks all day but its worth it to give back to a trail I ride so much.

Beer
what tr did you work on...

Posted: Sep 11, 2010 at 20:03 Quote
Rode Quirk Creek / Wildhorse for the first time today.

Highlights:
3 point gorge is amazing in person.
The lower half of the final downhill was awesome.

Lowlights:
Quirk creek trail was soft mud all the way up. Most of Wildhorse was either wet, or torn to hell from cow/horse hooves. The top 1/2 of the final descent was a soupy mess.
Took a wrong turn at the quirk/wildhorse shortcut connector and ended up riding back to quirk creek, then back to the wildhorse again to find the proper trail.

Overall, glad I did it, but have no desire ever to ride that trail again.

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2010 at 21:25 Quote
Big Shout out to Reuben, Ken and Rob. The new jump lands perfectly into the berm, the drainage is fixed and the blown out berm is fixed, thank you, you guys rock.

Also huge change after the steep on Jean-Guy it's getting faster and right after the orange sign, you will see a step up on the right and on the left there is a higher lip but it is a table top. Then there is a new double, it's passable, but we need to make it a bit bigger andline it up a bit more. Please look before you leap.

That huge amount of work are the incredible efforts of Oltaf?(sorry dude I cant remember your name, I'm sorry), Dan the animal, Gabriel, JF, Wow I can't believe the amount of work you guys did today.

the track is tacky with a handful of puddles, I love Fall, the dirt is easy to work and it packs in wonderful.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030145
Mobile Version of Website