4. Santa Cruz's VPP
5. Foes because those bikes are SEXY!!!

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 21:25 Quote
1. Giant Maestro
2. Trek Moto link (on the 10)
3. DW Iron Horse
4. FSR Specialized and whoever
5. Single Pivot (if in the right spot, orange bikes have nice single pivots haha)

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 21:26 Quote
Yeah single pivots that are high and forward are good too

Mod
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 21:29 Quote
1. Single pivot on the 224. Simple, light, works amazing with a CCDB.
2. Treks new ABP on the Remedy and EX's. The Remedy was amazing. Felt bottomless.
3. My legs.
4. VPP. Momentum carrying machines.
5. I-Drive. Havn't been on one yet but I like the idea. Thinking out of the box.

Mod
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 20:46 Quote
....and bump.

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 20:50 Quote
1 dw link
2 vps
3 vpp
4 thrust link (for hucking)
5 mono rail on the Yeti 303(racing)

Mod
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 20:52 Quote
Street454Beatdown wrote:
1 dw link
2 vps
3 vpp
4 thrust link
5 mono rail on the Yeti 303

Damn, I forgot about the ZeroLoss on the 303. I got to ride one at Bootleg and it was pretty cool despite not being set up anywhere near how I'd prefer. Very impressive!

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 20:55 Quote
VPP.
Thrust link. Not the rocky version, the commencal version.
DW.
Corsair DH suspension design.

AND THE BEST DESIGN EVER GOES TO!

The hardtail. Don't care if it doesn't have "suspension." Your legs are the suspension. The most versatile design ever.

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 21:01 Quote
1. DW Link (best all around performer)
2. Low Rear Single Pivots like the Sunn Radical or new Corsairs (EXTREMELY snappy rides)
3. Long Parallel Links like Canfields (Bump eating machines but still a solid efficient all around bike.)
4. High Forward Single Pivots like Brooklyns (Bump eating machines. Plow over anything without flinching.)
5. VPP (another excellent all around performer.)

101+102 Horst Link and 303 (totally uninspiring boring rides that make you want to spend too much time in the saddle and pick lousy lines.)

Mod
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 21:07 Quote
"101+102 Horst Link and 303 (totally uninspiring boring rides that make you want to spend too much time in the saddle and pick lousy lines.)"

Spending a lot of time in the saddle on any DH bike generally isn't a good idea though eh? If anything I found that the ZeroLoss on the 303 may let me take more aggressive, straighter or faster lines if a track was really demanding. I'd love to spend a few days on a 303 riding a familiar course to get a good feel for it.

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 21:14 Quote
Every 303 and Horst Link bike I've ever ridden was boring. I'm always out of the saddle. I jump everything, flick the bike a ton, and hop into turns. The ride of these designs is nowhere near responsive enough for my riding style. They just feel dead and slow. If you plow over crap without consideration for technique or flow then you might benefit from them. My goal is always to make things flowy when they really aren't.

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 21:16 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
Every 303 and Horst Link bike I've ever ridden was boring. I'm always out of the saddle. I jump everything, flick the bike a ton, and hop into turns. The ride of these designs is nowhere near responsive enough for my riding style. They just feel dead and slow. If you plow over crap without consideration for technique or flow then you might benefit from them. My goal is always to make things flowy when they really aren't.

Sounds like the perfect bike for me...

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 19:33 Quote
dylanvarkonja wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

Sounds like the perfect bike for me...

Sounds like a good bike for someone that just wants to roll over things, and not actually have any fun. No offense, or anything...

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
how is the demos geo?Very confused

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
I would have to say the DW-link is the best. The Iron Horse 7 point series are some of the funnest bikes around and the linkage seems to do pretty well on the race course too! Giant Maestro feels really nice as well. VPP is nice too but the bikes do tend to feel a little too efficient at times. You can barely feel the trail. I'm probably just jealous of the people on V-10s that are always passing me though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011365
Mobile Version of Website