Adamant A1, Planning on buying, need help!!!

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
Adamant A1, Planning on buying, need help!!!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:46 Quote
photo

Im looking at buying this bike. The asking price is 850. I dont know very much about trials so can someone tell me if I'm getting a good deal. Its an A1 Adamite. So what can you guys tell me? It has 50/50 pedels and high roller tires. Umm...

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:54 Quote
850 is pretty pricey, i wouldn't say it's worth that much... unless it has good hubs and rims and other components. looks like older version magura HS33, possibly a hayes disc up front, truvativ trials cranks possibly, Sun front for sure... Sun in the rear too? either way, tops i'd pay is 400. what's the condition of the frame like? any big dents?

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:57 Quote
^^ edit: sorry mavic up front

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 18:05 Quote
Frame is mint. Has about 2 rides on it. New to the whole trials thing but ive priced out adamites you cant get them for less then about 1000 so I think I'm getting a good deal. But any info you can give me will help out.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 18:21 Quote
first off it's adamant, they start at 425 for the frame, or other ppl online sell for 375, but either way, how did u price out 1000? and keep in mind it's still used... i can't tell what hubs those are. looks like jizzmano

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 18:48 Quote
shimano hubs...6 degree ingaguement standard mtb stuff...

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 18:53 Quote
jizzmano are horrible for trials!! for the front, whatever is fine, but rear... that's crap

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 18:58 Quote
Edit - Eh... Only things I would want are the frame and maybe rear brake.

Whats the parts list.

Looks like a dx32 rear rim with maybe a DH tire that looks very used, mavic front rim, crappy hubs, cheaper cranks, stem and bar? Front brake like the other guy said looks like a hayes which suck! Fork I wouldn't trust either, dont know what year that is but it could be a very old weaker model.

Pedals look good. Otherwise I wouldn't spend 850 on that, no way.

Keep looking, I wouldn't even put 500 into that. If its used by some sponsored rider, its probably beaten and they're telling you its new.

This is better https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/276911/
This too
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/290422/

They have decent parts, that bike has shit. Dont do it.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 19:08 Quote
Why not buy something online. If you're willing to spend 850 on a bike, why not spend a smidge more on something that you wont have to upgrade everytime you get a little better at trials. Trust me, those hubs f*cken blow! And either you spend 800 on a chris king(retail), or you buy FFW cranks, an eno free wheel, and an echo rear hub for a better drive train. I mean that in its self will put you near 1500 afterwards. Well over if you buy a good engaging HUB at retail.

Parts are important, especially your drive train! You want something decent other wise your progression with balance and pedal kicks in general will blow.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 19:14 Quote
To ship a bike from canada to the USA will cost about $200. It cost 45 to ship cranks from the USA to AUS. So getting a bike locally is nice. Also here I get to test ride before I buy. Im new to the whole trials scene but Im assuming this is a good frame from the amount of people who ride them. Also I know componets are importain but I have a small bugget.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 19:28 Quote
well check on www.observedtrials.net and look in the Buy/sell section and there's lots of deals on parts. Check out ChrisB's post -- he has tons of things for sale at a decent price.

really chronic? i thought those were sun rims in the rear *shrug* oh well. and if that guy can't move from 850 he's a turd cuz the parts on there are NOT worth 850

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 20:53 Quote
I dunno.. You could be right too. It looks thin, profile kind of reminds me of a dx... Either or.

Its up to you man, you wanted opinions, so here they are. Good luck, I hope you stick with the sport. Its great, it never peaks and ends. I love it.

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 11:13 Quote
try this... http://www.observedtrials.net/vb/showthread.php?t=34612

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012855
Mobile Version of Website