Slayer....medium....big enough?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Slayer....medium....big enough?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 19:59 Quote
hey guys....just curious, i'm looking at getting myself a Rocky Mountain Slayer 50, the only problem is that the one being sold in a medium....am i right in thinking that is too small for a guy who is 6'1?

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 20:03 Quote
Im 61 and i'll be getting a medium soon

BTW slayer 50 is a SICK BIKE!!!

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 20:09 Quote
so you have ridden a medium and feel comfortable on it? because i know when you get a DH bike, smaller is better but in this case i plan on using this beauty for everything....

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 20:47 Quote
joker1981 wrote:
so you have ridden a medium and feel comfortable on it? because i know when you get a DH bike, smaller is better but in this case i plan on using this beauty for everything....

ya my friends bike is a medium and its comfortable!

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 21:18 Quote
streetlight wrote:
can you ride one?

i'm not really sure if that message was meant to be sarcastic...Confused but anyways for sure i can ride one before buying, but i wanted some imput in case i see a killer deal here on the buy/sell or somewhere else on the net, if anyone else has some imput please don't be shy and help me out Joker

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 14:18 Quote
I wasn't being sarcastic at all. Just because if you can ride one then you'd know. I mean, we can tell you what works for us, but not really what would work for you. Since everyone is different. Smile

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 22:53 Quote
Well they don't really come in Small/Medium/Large sizes. They come in inch sizes. I am 5'10-11" and I ride any Rocky in an 18" bike. At a mighty 6'1" i would recommend a 19" bike. But yet again I would test ride it and see how it feels.

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 23:00 Quote
I'm 6'2" and ride large DH and XC bikes (V10 and 575) for stability and pedaling respectively but a medium freeride/DJ bike (Bullit). The medium feels great jumping but kind of cramped pedaling. You'll have to ask yourself if you want it to feel better for quick transition DJ style jumps or pedaling. My guess is you should get the large.

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 23:14 Quote
Why don't you go a try it out first, since you said you can. No point in asking us, everyone has differnet preferences. It's going to be your bike, go test it out and see how it fits.

Mod
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 23:27 Quote
I am on a Slayer SXC90 right now. I'm 5'9" and feel really good on a 18" frame. I am not really to up on Rocky geo but I would say you'd be far better on a 19" if you plan on doing pedal rides. Maybe a 18" for shuttles and the like though. Size it by toptube length and ride it first, obviously!

Posted: Mar 23, 2008 at 11:22 Quote
Hey all

Steamer, great input on the subject !

to your comment i will respond.....
The Pancakes are hot and salty....lol

as for the Slayer 50 frame, like Bonfire said, 18' or 19' would be ok for you, not sure if the 16.5 is considered a medium, but, it would probably be too small fo ya....

medium, big...youre gonna love the ride !

Posted: Mar 23, 2008 at 15:29 Quote
hey im 6' and ride a 19" slayer, and would not go smaller... frame feels shorter when riding, especially when compared to riding a hardtail

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 at 18:12 Quote
yeah, I would have to agree that you would be better off on a 19". I am 5'10" and have ridden my friends 18inch frame and it was just right for me. I found with the seat tube angle where it is, I had to have that seat post pretty high for climbing and assuming your legs are longer than mine, you would put yourself pretty far back over the rear tire.

Posted: Mar 23, 2008 at 19:37 Quote
Thanks guys,i appreciate all the imput...i'm going to check them out at the LBS tomorrow.tup

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012213
Mobile Version of Website