Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 14:45 Quote
is water on the knee anything to be like scared of
because my dad says i may not ride again

and thats icredible scary for me

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 18:23 Quote
water on the knee????

or water in the knee????

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 18:30 Quote
Water on the knee is a real condition and he said it right.

Don't get scared bud. Most people can heal up from it fine, there are lots of reasons why it can happen. Sometimes just drilling/draining fix it, sometimes surgery. Neither are anything to be scared of! I had surgery in fall and am thrashing as hard as ever now. Just take care of it well during recovery!

You're young and will heal really nicely :-)

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 18:31 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:

Don't get scared bud. Most people can heal up from it fine, there are lots of reasons why it can happen. Sometimes just drilling/draining fix it, sometimes surgery. Neither are anything to be scared of! I had surgery in fall and am thrashing as hard as ever now. Just take care of it well during recovery!
you know, what is it?

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 18:31 Quote
haha, that's an actual medical issue??? i thought it was just a bucket you tweezed out of the dude's knee when you're playing operation!!! lol

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 18:32 Quote
-pie- wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:

you know, what is it?

Its a fluid buildup in the knee. My dad had it. Theres a few reasons it can happen.

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 6:23 Quote
I know a few people who've had it and gone on to recover, none of them were bikers though but they play football (soccer) and have carried on again after a rest period.
Do they call it bursitis or is that something different?

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 6:33 Quote
There is a medical term called Osgood Shlatters? That is the same! Ive got it too and there is some bone floating around in my knee cap!

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23069040/

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 6:34 Quote
or pre petalla burtis (not sure how to spell it)

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 6:43 Quote
SHit i have Osgoode Shlatters, flipping hurts when u whack it on something. One time I whacked it so hard that it expanded and got huge. Ive had it for like three years now and it doesn't really hurt anymore, I still rode a bit after my resting period. They say it is from stopping suddenly and putting major pressure on the knee cap. It can happen from skating from when you stop and sometimes the skate shudders and u put pressure on it. It swells up to protect the knee.

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 19:21 Quote
i got a that problem 2 its from landin on knees when crashin

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 19:32 Quote
i have had my chain slip off and my knee hit the stem dislocating it for a minute, then i got up and it popped back in, made me throw up

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 19:44 Quote
that sounds f*cked up i crashed 1 of my friends bikes and i knocked my self out and i came back and jumpin around then i saw bump on my knee and it wuz the size of a golf ball

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 2:14 Quote
yeah i did it on a mates bike
mine huge and its all mushy and stuff

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013881
Mobile Version of Website