marquis wrote:
joshwatsits wrote:
marquis wrote:

Bugger i should of gone for the medium.
you ordered the 2011 one ?

Nah i had a 2008 demo 7.
ahh niceee

Posted: Aug 28, 2011 at 10:56 Quote
chaps, i also need advice. Im ordering a demo this week and wondering if it should be medium or large. Ive never ridden a downhill bike before, only ever ridden a large giant trance with 140mm travel. Im 5'11 and a newbee to downhill... thanks in advance

Posted: Aug 29, 2011 at 14:32 Quote
Medium. Without a doubt

Posted: Jan 5, 2012 at 13:42 Quote
thanks for all the advice.

Medium has arrived and its perfect !!

Posted: Dec 14, 2012 at 4:15 Quote
im 6ft / 6ft 1"
Don't know whether to go with medium or large, probably wisest to just go try one out.

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 at 21:52 Quote
Hi guys, I need some help please. I'm planning on buying a 2012 Demo 8 this weekend and wasn't sure on the size. I'm about 5'10"-11"ish and my arms and legs are a little on the longer side. I'm almost 17 so I might still grow a few inches.

Today I compared the geometry of the bike I ride now (2011 Airborne Marauder with a 180mm fork) to the 2012 Demo and this is what I got:
2012 Demo 8 i geometry vs my Airborne Marauders geometry. My Marauder feels too tall for its height. I also feel cramped riding it. I m 5 11 and I definitely want something bigger but not too big. Still can t decide on which size Demo.

The bike I ride now feels a little too small. I've hit my knees on the bars a few times and it also feels too tall for it's height (which is noticeable when looking at the geo). I know the recommended size for my height is a medium (I think) but would a large be okay as well? I plan on racing the Demo in july (first time trying DH racing) and was wondering if the longer wheelbase of a large Demo would be better stability wise. Is the 9 centimeter difference between the bike I'm on now and the large Demos wheelbase going to feel much bigger? What about the top tube? I feel as if I should be on a bigger bike but I'm also worried a big bike will affect my maneuverability in the tighter stuff. Another dilemma I have is that (I'm looking at two Demos: a medium and a large) the large Demo is farther away which will cost a lot more (shipping, etc.) than the medium. Is it worth spending more on the medium? Oh and the large is a better build. I'm not sure what to do. I apologize for writing a novel and I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

Posted: Jun 21, 2013 at 20:33 Quote
hey dude I'd definitely go for large. i rode a large morewood makulu for 2 years and the large demo feels a lot lot shorter. if you're racing and riding high speed tracks then large, if you mostly ride tight steep tracks then I'd think about a medium.

Posted: Jun 22, 2013 at 5:53 Quote
I'm thinking about getting the large but I'd really like to try one out. I'd hate to get it and have it not work out

Posted: Jun 23, 2013 at 13:08 Quote
Hey chaps. I've recently caved and ordered a demo 8 for my first downhill bike. I've ordered a large but staring to worry now reading the posts in here. I'm just shy of six foot with no shoes on. My other bikes are large too but reading the posts here I'm thinking I could have got a medium?

As well as the size I'm thinking ill almost certainly need a different spring than the 450 that comes on the large as I only weight 78 kg. Anyone got any thoughts on that?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Jez

Posted: Jun 23, 2013 at 23:35 Quote
don't worry about it, I'd have regretted getting a medium without a doubt

Posted: Nov 28, 2013 at 5:06 Quote
Hey,

I'm 181 cm (5'11) of height and weight about 73-74 kg. I rode 2010 Demo 8 in Medium size this year. It was to big for me. Maybe bacause I'm not much experienced in DH and my technique is far from perfect, maybe because I always prefered rather smaller frames for my XC bikes.

Finally, I've decided to set up the new bike based on 2012 Demo frame but this time in Small size. I hope to find it much more playfull.

Demo's reach is longer in size S comparing to other manufacturers in M size. For example, Demo S has 410 mm of reach, Nukeproof Pulse M - 406, Trek Session 8 M - 398 mm, Lapierre 722 - 397 also in Medium.

Of course, despite the numbers, personal preferences are the most important, but the numbers show that the Demo isn't small bike, but rather bigger than the others.

Posted: Dec 1, 2013 at 2:05 Quote
I'm 189 cm tall, and want to buy a large demo frame. I checked the geometry details, and I was a bit surprised. It's front end is shorter by a few centimetres, than other large frames, for example: large summum, glory, v10.

That made me a bit sceptical about buying a demo. Any opinions from demo owners? How does a large demo ride, compared to other large frames? The large demo frame seems small to me in some details (top tube, wheel base)

Ps: I rode a Medium 2007 Ktm Aphex frame, and it became very painful to my back, to ride a small frame like that.

Posted: Oct 26, 2014 at 7:05 Quote
Hey
I'm 179 to 180cm tall (little less than 5'11) and looking for a demo frame from 2011 and up.
I'm riding now a '09 Cove Shocker in Medium and it feells a little short... I often feel a little too much over the bars.

I compared now the Demo in M and L and I honestly don't know what would be the better choice. I'm exactly in between sizes.
I ride a lot of alpine bike parks in Austria, but also like to ride flowy Jump lines and throwing the bike around.

What are your experiences guys? I am worried to buy the M frame and have the same kind of cramped feeling like I have it on my Cove.

Here the comparison of the 2 bikes...
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.033728
Mobile Version of Website