Looking for a Macro lens

PB Forum :: NBR Photos
Looking for a Macro lens
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 4, 2008 at 18:33 Quote
I have a canon rebel xti and im looking for a macro lens, all the lens ive seen are like $400-500 and im willing to go that high if its worth it but i want to find a good lens thats a bit cheaper and hear about experience about using the lens.

Thanks

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 21:38 Quote
check out the tamron 17-55? 2.8 it was around 400 I believe

the canon 50mm 1.8 is super cheap

Posted: Apr 7, 2008 at 21:04 Quote
My dad has an EF-S 60mm Macro, It's pretty good, although I haven't really given it much use, I mainly shoot bikers and gigs, not much use for a macro. The autofocus with manual override is pretty nifty, focuses automatically but lets you fine tune it without flicking a switch. Not sure on cost but I think Canon have a cash back offer running on it at the moment.

Ditto on the EF 50mm f1.8 II though, its an amazing lens and everyone should have them as they cost peanuts compared to similar lenses, although it does feel like a childs toy in construction and is as noisy as a jet engine when it focuses. Its been a life saver at gigs without flashes and riding in poo light without flash. Gets a shorter depth of field than the macro above as well, which is always fun.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010544
Mobile Version of Website