Where to get free foam for a foam pit?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Where to get free foam for a foam pit?
Previous Page |
Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 14:06 Quote
Just wondering where I could get some foam for free to build a foam pit or other cheaper ways to build one

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 14:09 Quote
you could just jump into a pond

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 14:11 Quote
Scottkona wrote:
and waste a bike why?just ask someone who has one.

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 14:12 Quote
I'm making a foam pit now and what I do is that every garbage day i go around my town and find couch's that people are throwing out for grabage. I take the pillows or sometimes strip apart the couch and take all the foam from them, it's works great Big Grin . Well that's what I do to get free sponge.

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 14:12 Quote
Scottkona wrote:
would be fun tho

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 14:14 Quote
apparently u can get them from sofas but when i ripped open 1 there was about a square inch o bloody foam i was gutted !!! i really wann know where u can get it from to

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 14:16 Quote
Just go to the brick, or any big sofa shop, in the middle of the night rob them of all their couches!! U got foam!! lol. jk. Ya i wanted to make a foam pit this year to. It would be real nice.

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 14:17 Quote
its easy to get free sponges , jst nick em from super markets Razz

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 14:18 Quote
machin-mtb wrote:
lol. Or just go and buy loads of spounges. Theyre cheap arent they? I would spend 50 bucks if i had to just to get nice foam. lol.

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 14:18 Quote
bigslope3 wrote:
Just go to the brick, or any big sofa shop, in the middle of the night rob them of all their couches!! U got foam!! lol. jk. Ya i wanted to make a foam pit this year to. It would be real nice.
Or after you steal the couches, you sell em on ebay. Then you've got money for high density foam, AND A NEW BIKElol !

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 14:19 Quote
machin-mtb wrote:

machin thats what ur into can u do it ??? wb dude really wanna make 1

sumas-shredder wrote:
bigslope3 wrote:
Or after you steal the couches, you sell em on ebay. Then you've got money for high density foam, AND A NEW BIKElol !
ha ha nice

heyhey wrote:
Scottkona wrote:
and waste a bike why?just ask someone who has one.
you could use a old bike

Mod Plus
Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 14:21 Quote
Call some of your local stores the reupholster furniture. More than likely, they have old filling/stuffing/foam or stuff left over from jobs in the form of scraps that they just throw out. If you are willing to arrange weekly or biweekly pickups at their shop, they will more than likely put it aside for you and hold it. If you are willing to throw some money into your foam pit, you can buy actual foam that is meant for gymnastics foam pits. This is really expensive though. You can call some gyms and ask them if they have old foam too.

Posted: Apr 6, 2008 at 0:34 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Call some of your local stores the reupholster furniture. More than likely, they have old filling/stuffing/foam or stuff left over from jobs in the form of scraps that they just throw out. If you are willing to arrange weekly or biweekly pickups at their shop, they will more than likely put it aside for you and hold it. If you are willing to throw some money into your foam pit, you can buy actual foam that is meant for gymnastics foam pits. This is really expensive though. You can call some gyms and ask them if they have old foam too.

cheers dude nice info Smile

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.016122
Mobile Version of Website