Red Deer and Area thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Red Deer and Area thread
Posted: May 10, 2014 at 18:28 Quote
Going for ride tomorrow around noon

Posted: May 12, 2014 at 21:07 Quote
japson wrote:
What other areas are good to ride ? Bike park? pines?
Mackenzie trails are about the best

O+
Posted: May 13, 2014 at 8:15 Quote
woodierides wrote:
japson wrote:

Where are these trails?

Posted: May 15, 2014 at 15:09 Quote
rocketendo wrote:
woodierides wrote:
japson wrote:

Where are these trails?
park at the first parking area at Mackenzie park head to the east take the paved path up to 67 st when you get to the top of hill the trail starts on the left

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2014 at 11:42 Quote
Hi, how does it work with building stuff over there?

Posted: Jun 30, 2014 at 19:23 Quote
Hey, just new to the innisfail area. I'm from whiterock area originally. Was wondering if there's any good dh near by? And if anyone would ever want to go or a rip? Just got my bike out here last week. I've ridden whistler, vedder, fromme, sumas, woodlot, bear, red and a few other places on the coast. If anyone would want to go out for a ride that would be awesome! Don't know anyone who rides out here yet.

Posted: Jun 30, 2014 at 22:58 Quote
Just in silver star/ kicking horse this week, willing to show you some trail riding. moose mountain is the nearest for DH , 2hour drive. shuttle access or you can bike up if you want but really fun.

Posted: Jul 1, 2014 at 10:35 Quote
Yeah that would be great!

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2014 at 15:04 Quote
Yeah, for lift access parks Silver Star is my favorite, but a bit far to go. Out of the closer hills, I prefer Panorama.

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 14:56 Quote
Probably moving to Red Deer soon wondering what websites show the rental market the best? CL/Kijji both were lame.
Also is a 6 and 6 bike too much for the area?

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 14:24 Quote
Does any one know of any good xc trails in / near red deer?

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2015 at 19:26 Quote
Hey Red Dear,

If anyone is interested in helping Calgary get it's first public dirt jump park please check out the link I have posted. We (Bike Parks Calgary) are holding a raffle to raise the funds to implement phase one of construction hopefully this spring. The info is in the link, if anyone has more questions feel free to DM me. You also then have the chance to win a brand new Chromag Monk Frame or Autographed Semenuk Overature Saddle.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bike-parks-calgary-frame-raffle

please do share with others that would want to see this BikePark happen!

CheersBig Grin

Posted: Sep 2, 2016 at 8:28 Quote
Hi Guys,

I'm moving to Red Deer for a few months and was wondering if someone could advise me on decent places to ride? I had a look at trailforks and it looks like the only place to go ride is Rocky Mountain House? I'm looking for DH/trail bike stuff really. thanks in advance...

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2016 at 8:55 Quote
ali-chapple wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'm moving to Red Deer for a few months and was wondering if someone could advise me on decent places to ride? I had a look at trailforks and it looks like the only place to go ride is Rocky Mountain House? I'm looking for DH/trail bike stuff really. thanks in advance...

There are a short few bike trails in the area above McKenzie Trails in Red Deer. The woods behind RDC have some small trails too, but the area is filled with homeless people and I wouldn't recommend it. Crimson Lake is a nice easy XC loop by Rocky. Outside if that, I think Edmonton/Calgary (Bike park)/Bragg Creek would be your best bet

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2016 at 18:03 Quote
ali-chapple wrote:
Hi Guys,

The red deer bike has about 6km single track loop the is decent for being in the middle of central alberta. I can usually make a loop of the river valley consisting mostly of single-track which ends up around 25km. Enough trails to maintain a base but as others were saying you'll have to go to baseline or Bragg Creek if you want a hard ride.

Also look up central alberta bike club. We do weekly mountain bike rides year round!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015581
Mobile Version of Website