Panorama

• Previous Page
O+ FL
Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 6:59 Quote
Now that the mountain is shut down for skiing/ boarding it's time to focus on the bike trails even though they are under a meter of snow!

There is some changes coming and I would like some feedback from "you" the riders who support us.

Our opening day is June 27th and we're hosting the annual Mad Trapper BC cup dh race and dirt jump competition.

D

Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 7:11 Quote
d-man wrote:
Now that the mountain is shut down for skiing/ boarding it's time to focus on the bike trails even though they are under a meter of snow!

There is some changes coming and I would like some feedback from "you" the riders who support us.

Our opening day is June 27th and we're hosting the annual Mad Trapper BC cup dh race and dirt jump competition.

D

Instal a sprinkler system to get rid of the june-september dust Wink

Hire us to come rebuild the 4x top to bottom Cool

Heard about your new job Darcy, congrats dude great to hear!

CM!

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 9:33 Quote
Thanks dude,
I'm stoked at the opportunity to dig this year.

Water is one of my main objectives, getting it off the trails in the spring and getting it on the trails in the summer! I have a couple of options.

As far as hiring you guys.... sent you a pm.

cheers

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 at 11:30 Quote
4x needs improvement. The new DJs on Hells Bells last season had no flow. Often I was braking so as not to overshoot the table top, then other jumps was having trouble clearing the table top. Re-open Insanity. Fix the last wood feature on Crazy Train (everyone is sick of going around it to avoid flat tires). Quadzilla needs some grooming (there were a couple ugly sections last year). PROPER TRAIL MARKERS AT ALL TRAIL HEADS (had a couple instance last year finding trail heads, and others trails had the wrong sign, like trail head for quadzilla below the lift had the wrong sign last year). More features would be nice, but maybe not that practical with all single-track? Maybe some trannys for the rock-drops on Get In Line? The second rock drop to flat landing was a little rough. And lastly, if we're shooting for the stars, Pano needs a "machine-groomed" trail, like A-line, or Alt.Flight Pattern at Fernie, with some tight burms and nice floaty tables, maybe some step-ups/downs or doubles too. I'm not sure where on the hill it would fit, but it's a big mountain, I'm sure you can find a place Wink

Don't get me wrong. In spite of all these comments, I still like Pano. But if we could implement even half of these suggestions, Pano would start to have a real amazing park.

Posted: May 4, 2008 at 22:28 Quote
Darcy, just bumming around the forums, didn't expect to find you on here. Its mike from Lustis, can't wait to be back on the mountain for another summer.

I love the mountain, but I am looking forward to everything getting a little love, it was pretty rugged at the end of last year.

The two things I can think of that havn't been mentioned,

Bring back the wallride on lookout!

Let it ride: would you consider adding some small whoops and lips along the sides of the trail? I think some stuff could be added so that the beginners riding at low speed would never even notice, but for the advanced riders going fast it would definatly add to the trail and it wouldn't take much.

Also there is potential for a massive wallride about 3/4 of the way down right before it cuts into the trees.

Posted: May 4, 2008 at 22:42 Quote
A wallride would be a worthy venture for pano. Build more jumps. toss in a 180' wall... more berms.
June 26 you say ???

I'll see ya on the 29th.. there will be no lines then .

more input after.

O+ FL
Posted: May 22, 2008 at 16:05 Quote
i agree on all points and you will be happy with the plan for this year.

We've been working on Lookout, Stiffy, and Bazooka Joe this week, Last week we were dealing with water issues. we're getting busy digging out rocks, filling in holes and re-shaping berms.

The equipment will be starting to work on hells bells in 2 weeks.

The park is going to be sweet this year!

More info soon.

D

stever wrote:
4x needs improvement. The new DJs on Hells Bells last season had no flow. Often I was braking so as not to overshoot the table top, then other jumps was having trouble clearing the table top. Re-open Insanity. Fix the last wood feature on Crazy Train (everyone is sick of going around it to avoid flat tires). Quadzilla needs some grooming (there were a couple ugly sections last year). PROPER TRAIL MARKERS AT ALL TRAIL HEADS (had a couple instance last year finding trail heads, and others trails had the wrong sign, like trail head for quadzilla below the lift had the wrong sign last year). More features would be nice, but maybe not that practical with all single-track? Maybe some trannys for the rock-drops on Get In Line? The second rock drop to flat landing was a little rough. And lastly, if we're shooting for the stars, Pano needs a "machine-groomed" trail, like A-line, or Alt.Flight Pattern at Fernie, with some tight burms and nice floaty tables, maybe some step-ups/downs or doubles too. I'm not sure where on the hill it would fit, but it's a big mountain, I'm sure you can find a place Wink

Don't get me wrong. In spite of all these comments, I still like Pano. But if we could implement even half of these suggestions, Pano would start to have a real amazing park.

O+ FL
Posted: May 22, 2008 at 16:11 Quote
Hey Mike,

Good to hear from ya..... The wall ride on lookout was a big loss. I have an idea for a replacement. You wish will come true for let it ride.....

See ya soon.

miketheman wrote:
Darcy, just bumming around the forums, didn't expect to find you on here. Its mike from Lustis, can't wait to be back on the mountain for another summer.

I love the mountain, but I am looking forward to everything getting a little love, it was pretty rugged at the end of last year.

The two things I can think of that havn't been mentioned,

Bring back the wallride on lookout!

Let it ride: would you consider adding some small whoops and lips along the sides of the trail? I think some stuff could be added so that the beginners riding at low speed would never even notice, but for the advanced riders going fast it would definatly add to the trail and it wouldn't take much.

Also there is potential for a massive wallride about 3/4 of the way down right before it cuts into the trees.

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 16:19 Quote
Hey there, I was just wondering if it is worth the trip to come down to Pano, 'cause me and two friends are going to Silverstar and Golden. We ride Fernie for our local mountain, and I heard that the two mountains are very similar too each other. Thanks.

O+ FL
Posted: May 22, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
definately come and check it out. You'll be glad you did. We have a mix of steep, gnarly speed runs, flowing single track, and great stunt trails.

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 20:56 Quote
d-man wrote:
definately come and check it out. You'll be glad you did. We have a mix of steep, gnarly speed runs, flowing single track, and great stunt trails.
Thanks for replying. I for sure will come and check it out, it sounds pretty sweet.

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 20:58 Quote
Go check out Alcatraz...
Crazy train was pretty awesome also.

yarrrr... pano has Alway's been fun ..

O+
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 7:54 Quote
d-man wrote:
i agree on all points and you will be happy with the plan for this year.

We've been working on Lookout, Stiffy, and Bazooka Joe this week, Last week we were dealing with water issues. we're getting busy digging out rocks, filling in holes and re-shaping berms.

The equipment will be starting to work on hells bells in 2 weeks.

The park is going to be sweet this year!

More info soon.

D

So, I hear in the rumour mill the Fernie will be losing ALL of it jumps/stunts this year, due to issues RCR has with insurance. I guess the policy is similar to it's ski operations, where there are now jumps/snowboard parks permitted. I think what this mean for Pano is that if you guys really step it up this year, like it sounds like you plan to, then you'll have the opportunity to really put Pano as the leading park in Eastern BC. I have to admit though, I'll be sad to see Fernie die.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 21:25 Quote
Just so everyone know's .... If I should die jumping or dropping my bike, I did so with a Massive Smile on my face, and no regret's.

What a Stupid Decision.. removing stunt's. more people are hurt playing football and such.... Total Garbage.

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 19:20 Quote
That's unfair. To all of us expirienced riders who ride Fernie on a constant basis, it' gonna suck. I mean, isn't that what trail markrs are for, too keep all the un-expirienced riders off of the tougher trails. If a rider who is going onto a Double Black run, but really only has the skills of a Blue Circle rider, it's his own fault if he gets hurt. He got hurt out of his own stupidity, and if he's ruining it for everyelse, because he's making Fernie think, "Oh, well if people are getting hurt on our jumps and features, then maybey we should take them out." This is similer to the Blue Mountain issue. They took all the jumps and such out, because some stupid kid who had no common sense feel and broke his neck, and Blue Mountain took all of the jumps out because of that. If Fernie took all the jumps out, but I'm sorry to say that they would be losing out on a few season pass buyer's, including me. I would rather drive to COP to ride, then have nothing to do, and I'd be wasting my money.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016714
Mobile Version of Website