Panorama

Posted: Jun 8, 2014 at 14:25 Quote
d-man wrote:
newo wrote:
Views: 2,545    Faves: 3    Comments: 2

I just dig at pano, but if you guys have any questions, i'll search for some answers. We have alot of things going on in the park at the moment and a long list for the mini-x. A Bike Park Update should be online soon. Also want to thank Simon K. for teaching me everything. Keep it positive guys. A hill is nothing without its locals.Helmet

keep diggin newo, its guys like you who have kept the park alive with blood and sweat. tup

Couldn't agree more! Just teach those newbies how to frame and support wood and all will be good!

CM!

Posted: Jun 8, 2014 at 14:50 Quote
Dont even waste time and money on wood features. Shape dirt.

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2014 at 6:51 Quote
Awesome to see some hard work going in, and that the crew's got tools to get the work done.

Posted: Jun 26, 2014 at 14:07 Quote
Views: 261    Faves: 0    Comments: 2
Here is another vid guys! And check out the blog @ https://www.pinkbike.com/u/panoramamountainvillage/blog/panorama-bike-update-2-its-time-to-ride.html

Posted: Jun 26, 2014 at 19:32 Quote
Confirmed....Gonna be out there July 2 to pick up my season pass.

Posted: Jun 28, 2014 at 8:16 Quote
kurmo wrote:
Dont even waste time and money on wood features. Shape dirt.

This ^^

I prefer well made dirt jumps and trail over some random wood 9/10 times

Posted: Jun 28, 2014 at 8:39 Quote
Starting monday a new blue jump line will be inserted into mercy, this will be on mercy me after the Dirt Wall/Hip. Also hoping to put in a large step-up after the dirt wall to bring you to this line, not sure when this will happen. The machine is set to rework the black and double black jumps this summer. Will post some pics and keep you caught with our dirt work at pano. Time to Ride!

Posted: Jun 29, 2014 at 9:38 Quote
newo wrote:
Starting monday a new blue jump line will be inserted into mercy, this will be on mercy me after the Dirt Wall/Hip. Also hoping to put in a large step-up after the dirt wall to bring you to this line, not sure when this will happen. The machine is set to rework the black and double black jumps this summer. Will post some pics and keep you caught with our dirt work at pano. Time to Ride!

Keep us posted, watching closely

Posted: Jun 30, 2014 at 17:18 Quote
Got to start making some jumps today, however the machine will be taking a day or two working on the race course for this weekend. There will be a new line going from the Cliffs of Insanity to our the finish corral. A couple drops and step downs mix'd in.

In other news, we hope to put around 10+ hits in our new mercy me addition. When we are done it sounds like the machine will head to Hells Bells, timeline unknown. And the Step-up after the mercy me dirt wall/hip has been put on the backburner, probably will be the entrance to another double back line, below mercy instead of on mercy Frown

Check out my old Dustys Build Video, https://vimeo.com/28252027
The entrance has got a facelift this year thanks to some blocked drainage. And some shifting in the exit let us change that around abit, probably still going to deal with that little teeter as well.

Posted: Jul 5, 2014 at 16:43 Quote
Quick question for you guys.

A buddy and I are on a road trip from Thunder Bay, ON to Fernie (current location), to Panorama, to Kicking Horse, to Silverstar, and home. We're pretty solid riders, able to do everything today in Fernie, and prefer a bit more of the kinda flowy, kinda rooty, soft dirt, fast-through-the-trees kind of riding (loved Lower TNT and Bin Logdin here).
We have one more day in Fernie, but we're looking at booking our next stops, and are currently planning 2 days in Panorama, 1 in Kicking Horse, and probably 3 in Silverstar, but are not sure if that is the way to go cause we honestly have no idea what those mountains are like trail-wise, other than the fact that Kicking Horse can get pretty hairy.

Would you recommend shifting how many days we're riding in each place? Mainly, is Panorama worth 2 days for our style, or should we look at doing more in Kicking Horse or Silverstar?

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2014 at 10:07 Quote
I would spend a day at sun peaks vs 2 at pano or kicking horse.

Hit them all, id like to hear your comments afterwards.

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 7:51 Quote
Every hill has such a different personality. Sun Peaks is the only hill that I've only got one day of riding on. I was riding with an injury, so my experience might be tainted, but I wasn't overly impressed. Other people seem to like it though.

So far, ultimate flow, aside from Whistler, is Silverstar. Silverstar definitely merits 2 days, but not 3 (when trying to fit in other hills). However, the recommendation of only 1 day at KKH, IMO, is not right. KKH is such a big hill, it's pretty difficult for anyone but the most fit and fastest riders to ride every trail there in one day. I've known some people to get in 7-8 laps in a day. So far, I think my record is only 5 or 6. While KKH is definitely known for steep and gnar, it also has some trails with fantastic flow. Upper and Lower Kranky pants is a blast. Every time you ride it, you just want to push faster and faster. Buffalo Jump, although shorter, pretty fun too. Plus, of course, the Blaster/Pioneer combo is just wild.

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 10:37 Quote
I too failed to be wowed by Sun Peaks, but the vast majority seem to love it.

For what it's worth I think trails like Punisher and Cliffs of Insanity at Pano are more technical than say Stick Rock at KHMR. Maybe it's just that riding down slabs and north shore wood at KHMR has a cooler feel than riding down blown out dusty steeps at Pano.

Other than Whistler and Silverstar I wouldn't plan to ride more than one day at any of the parks because there's great days to be had away from the lifts.

Ride Sun Peaks for a day and then shuttle the Bike Ranch and Rio in Kamloops
Ride Panorama and then Shuttle Swansea and Steamboat
Ride Kicking Horse and then Shuttle Mt7
Ride Fernie and Shuttle Three Kings or Diggler

Posted: Jul 8, 2014 at 20:47 Quote
stever wrote:
Every hill has such a different personality. Sun Peaks is the only hill that I've only got one day of riding on. I was riding with an injury, so my experience might be tainted, but I wasn't overly impressed. Other people seem to like it though.

So far, ultimate flow, aside from Whistler, is Silverstar. Silverstar definitely merits 2 days, but not 3 (when trying to fit in other hills). However, the recommendation of only 1 day at KKH, IMO, is not right. KKH is such a big hill, it's pretty difficult for anyone but the most fit and fastest riders to ride every trail there in one day. I've known some people to get in 7-8 laps in a day. So far, I think my record is only 5 or 6. While KKH is definitely known for steep and gnar, it also has some trails with fantastic flow. Upper and Lower Kranky pants is a blast. Every time you ride it, you just want to push faster and faster. Buffalo Jump, although shorter, pretty fun too. Plus, of course, the Blaster/Pioneer combo is just wild.

khmr recommendations.

northern lights exit onto chute to view then go blaster pioneer

defnatelly ride stick rock, and both slabs.

buffalo jump mineshaft feature is a blast.

if your not going to make last chair at 430 stop and hike the jumps a bit, though they're not the best jumps on a hill they are still fun.

many features have changed since last year some sadly are gone others are being made even better., crowe and trail crew work hard and it shows.

while there ride a lap for me, carpel tunnel release surgery on Monday means my season of dh is pretty much over but the plus is that next year I will be able to ride harder and will be able to feel the bike the whole way down instead of numbness and pain in the hands.

silverstar, just go ride everything there, its all uber fun. get some tech in by riding he downtown trail, there are a few trails over that side that many dot realize are even there.

Salute

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 5:24 Quote
Quick question about pano... do you guys think you need a big bike to get the most of it? I have a 120mm 4x bike and just wondering if I should rent when I go.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017481
Mobile Version of Website