Bring back the Enduro! (Post your Specialized Enduros)

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Bring back the Enduro! (Post your Specialized Enduros)
Posted: Oct 9, 2016 at 15:16 Quote
2.5 will work they use a 2.5 stroke shock it's shortened wither internally on air shocks or externally with coil shocks. They usually use a larger bumper.

Posted: Oct 17, 2016 at 8:24 Quote
So I have a 2006 Enduro Expert, with the DHX5.0 AIR rear shock.
Looking at the Fox Float X CTD, and the Cane Creek DB Air CS as an upgrade considering the 10 or so years of general abuse have sort of killed the DHX and its continuously leaking air into the piggy back and going squishy.

The biggest question I have, is that specialized has that strange "self centering rear link" thru bolt that I am unsure of in terms of mounting a new shock (this is the first time I have needed to put on a rear shock). The 8.75x2.5 rear shock is basically impossible to find except for the Float X and CCDBAir.

Anyone have any incite on what exactly do I need to watch out for when ordering this new shock, and when I go to install it, will I need any special hardware (bushings or linkage or something)?

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Dec 9, 2016 at 20:15 Quote
scottj1985 wrote:
Work in progreas

Nice Evo! Don't see too many in this thread so I'll add mine:

photo

Posted: Dec 11, 2016 at 17:51 Quote
zerocoolxx wrote:
So I have a 2006 Enduro Expert, with the DHX5.0 AIR rear shock.
Looking at the Fox Float X CTD, and the Cane Creek DB Air CS as an upgrade considering the 10 or so years of general abuse have sort of killed the DHX and its continuously leaking air into the piggy back and going squishy.

The biggest question I have, is that specialized has that strange "self centering rear link" thru bolt that I am unsure of in terms of mounting a new shock (this is the first time I have needed to put on a rear shock). The 8.75x2.5 rear shock is basically impossible to find except for the Float X and CCDBAir.

Anyone have any incite on what exactly do I need to watch out for when ordering this new shock, and when I go to install it, will I need any special hardware (bushings or linkage or something)?

Thanks in advance.

well the cane creek is certainly not an upgrade, the float x will be similar to your dhx air

Posted: Dec 11, 2016 at 18:29 Quote
koku wrote:
here is mine

Neat, never seen an Evo with Ikons ... what kind of riding do you do?

Posted: Dec 13, 2016 at 5:25 Quote
tf02 wrote:
koku wrote:
here is mine

Neat, never seen an Evo with Ikons ... what kind of riding do you do?

Hi! I ride Ikons for urban riding and specialized Butcher/slaughter for mountain

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2017 at 7:29 Quote
How does the evo ride with an air shock? I'm not a fan of the valving on my TTX, looking for a good alternative.

photo

Posted: Jan 2, 2017 at 8:18 Quote
Stayslacking wrote:
How does the evo ride with an air shock? I'm not a fan of the valving on my TTX, looking for a good alternative.

photo

i hated the TTX also, i would go DHX2, i did, its amazing

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2017 at 8:39 Quote
viciouscycleworx wrote:
Stayslacking wrote:

photo

i hated the TTX also, i would go DHX2, i did, its amazing

Do you have a comparison of the X2 coil VS the X2 float on the enduro? I'll be riding this bike exclusively in the bikepark. Mostly Freeride and slopestyle features, as well as natural dh trails.

Posted: Jan 2, 2017 at 10:02 Quote
Stayslacking wrote:

I love it. Previously, I had a regular Enduro 650b with a Monarch Plus RC3, so the Evo is just kind of a slacker more aggressive version of that. I use it for trail and DH and was not impressed at all by the TTX. It felt similar to the Fox RC4 I had on my Demo when I first got it; a bit harsh and not tunable enough to get it to where I wanted. I was going to put a Vivid Air on the Evo, but preferred the climb switch of the Monarch. Also, this is the setup that the coastal crew ran for a while so I figured it was proven.

Highly recommend the BikeYoke, it makes it so you can use any 8.5x2.5 shock which is basically the most common trail bike size for the past couple years.

Also made the switch to an air cartridge in the Boxxer too, which is a huge improvement over the Team coil.

I'm not a huge fan of Fox suspension which is why I went RS ... I'm sure someone can give you input on that.

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2017 at 10:10 Quote
tf02 wrote:
Stayslacking wrote:

I love it. Previously, I had a regular Enduro 650b with a Monarch Plus RC3, so the Evo is just kind of a slacker more aggressive version of that. I use it for trail and DH and was not impressed at all by the TTX. It felt similar to the Fox RC4 I had on my Demo when I first got it; a bit harsh and not tunable enough to get it to where I wanted. I was going to put a Vivid Air on the Evo, but preferred the climb switch of the Monarch. Also, this is the setup that the coastal crew ran for a while so I figured it was proven.

Highly recommend the BikeYoke, it makes it so you can use any 8.5x2.5 shock which is basically the most common trail bike size for the past couple years.

Also made the switch to an air cartridge in the Boxxer too, which is a huge improvement over the Team coil.

I'm not a huge fan of Fox suspension which is why I went RS ... I'm sure someone can give you input on that.

Sick!!! Thanks for the input, I have a transition patrol as well which uses 8.5x2.5. It just so happens that I have a spare Monarch+ for that bike Beer

*edit*
just called up xfusion and put the yoke on order. Really stoked! Thanks dudes

Posted: Jan 2, 2017 at 17:15 Quote
Stayslacking wrote:
Sick!!! Thanks for the input, I have a transition patrol as well which uses 8.5x2.5. It just so happens that I have a spare Monarch+ for that bike Beer

*edit*
just called up xfusion and put the yoke on order. Really stoked! Thanks dudes

Hah, that's awesome. The BikeYoke is really cool because it makes it so that you can try out other shocks without being tied to Specialized's proprietary lower shock mount. Just remember to loctite and torque the pivot bolts and shock hardware!

BTW, I really do recommend the air cartridge in the Boxxer. It's not easy to do (requires a lathe to cut the air shaft down -- limits travel to 180), but totally worth it.

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2017 at 19:37 Quote
So I weighed a 2017 Enduro 29 elite size medium today. It weighed 32 lbs 14 oz with stock junk (pedals, tubes, reflecters). Thought I'd share in case anyone else is curious about where the new Enduro comes in that way. And remember the grid tires are very very heavy.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018824
Mobile Version of Website